Who did the WWE push more...

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who did the WWF/WWE push more between Stone Cold and The Rock?

Do you believe the WWE/WWF wanted Stone Cold or The Rock to succeed more?

In your opinion who deserved the bigger push in their career?

Thoughts?

2. luciannobradley

luciannobradley Registered Member

Both of these men had it all: excellent charisma, good mic-working, and both were excellent performers in the ring (Austin even adapted his style from technical to brawling in order to suit his neck unjury which would have otherwise ended his career -- that is commendable, to say the least). I believe both of them deserve all they had. Although, being far, Austin did throw quite a few fits over his career. Not to say he wasn't a loyal worker, but Rock was slightly more respectable in that aspect. Personally, as a performer, I prefer Austin, but that's just me.

3. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

push wise they both got pushed to the moon...

i wouldnt put one over the other in that respect...

honestly they were about the same...

i thought austin was alot more enjoyable on the whole...

4. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Austin was always intended to get pushed since he was the heart of the Attitude era.

The Rock's charisma and his overall in ring abilities and mic work helped him to be pushed to the top. I don't think the Rock was ever intended to be pushed.

I have to respect Rock more for never complaining about anything throughout his career, I hate when people complain...no offence to austin.

Who did the WWE push more? I'd have to say Austin to some degree and the Rock around 2000 - 2002.

5. luciannobradley

luciannobradley Registered Member

The thing with The Rock is that he wasn't exactly pushed initially -- he pushed HIMSELF at first. Austin did too, but his first Stone Cold-style promo pretty much sent him skyrocketing instantly after that. The Rock had to fight for it continuously. I don't think Vince ever initially believed The Rock would turn out to be anything more than a midcarder.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with the sentiments that have been said already. Jim Ross saw The Rock, and he called Vince and said you got to give this guy a chance and Vince finally did and his career started. I remember watching his first match it was pretty impressive and I fell in love with him right away.

I didn't like Stone Cold at first when he was with Million Dollar man, but then I finally got used to him and fell in love with him as well.

I believe that Stone Cold got the bigger push because his attitude of taking no b.s is what people wanted to see. So in my eyes even though The Rock got a great push himself Stone Cold got a bigger one.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, the Rock had a show named after a favorite catchphrase of his (Smackdown) so I'm going to have to say the Rock. Not to mention, he just seemed to get a lot more publicity than Austin did.

8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't know if I agree on the sentiments of the WWE not intending to push the Rock. They intend to push everybody when they call them up to the main roster (if they aren't a jobber). If just depends on how they interact with the crowd, in ring skills, mic skills etc. They have to put them out there and see what happens.

The Rock is a movie star...charisma takes you to ridiculous heights. So I dont know if I can pick one over the other on who was pushed more. They both couldnt have been pushed farther.

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

But if you look at it from it's entirety....Stone cold was pushed more...

I don't think Mcmahon noticed the Rock as a top card superstar until he started doing funny interviews, and even though a heel was still cheered by the crowd, which hardly ever happens.

10. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Not everyone is going to be a top superstar right away...it just doesn't happen. Unless your name is Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle, of course.

The Rock was a heel when he got over and he wasn't being funny and happy go lucky. He took over as the leader of the Nation and then became the corporate champion and was a heel who was, for the most part, very serious.