• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who can replace Don Cherry?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The thread about Strombo taking over Ron got me thinking about this thread.

Don Cherry is not getting younger, and we all know that he's a very unique individual that is not afraid to speak his mind. Do you have someone in mind that would do a great job replacing Don Cherry when he finally decides to call it quits, or gets fired? :lol:

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The throne is there for Jeremy Roenick if he chooses to take it. I've never heard of the guy holding back on anything for better or worse, and he's said on a few occasions that he loves the city of Toronto.

Another guy I would love to see is, John Torterella. He might even be better than JR if he actually wants to do it.

VJ_Sportsgeek

I agree with most of the guys in saying Jeremy Roenick. Hes got a great personality and his experience in the game would definitely help

Sabby

BourneofDarkness15 said:
willge87 said:
Jeremy Roenick would be interesting.
I would tune in to hear that guy give his opinions, never afraid to tell the truth
Roenick would be sweet

If it was to remain "Coach's" Corner Id say Millbury, because he doesn't give a shit about what he says or who he offends lol, same goes for Torts down the line. They may not be suitable, but they'd be damn entertaining

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Milbury? MILBURY? Are you kidding me... Milbury should never, ever, in a million years, come near, or even close, to another Canadian National Hockey broadcast until Halley's Comet lands in the Sahara Desert!

The only thing that is worse than Mike Milbury is the shoe he used to beat up that one fan and I highly doubt that shoe still has his tongue to talk... Maybe Milbury can lend the shoe his tongue.

*P.S. I dislike Milbury*

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
Milbury? MILBURY? Are you kidding me... Milbury should never, ever, in a million years, come near, or even close, to another Canadian National Hockey broadcast until Halley's Comet lands in the Sahara Desert!

The only thing that is worse than Mike Milbury is the shoe he used to beat up that one fan and I highly doubt that shoe still has his tongue to talk... Maybe Milbury can lend the shoe his tongue.

*P.S. I dislike Milbury*
I couldn't agree more! The guy is a moron and I was really afraid he was getting groomed as a Don Cherry replacement when he was on the CBC panel. I'm glad they cut ties and that was the end of that fear.