Who are your favorite authors?

I believe that you have the favorite authors in your mind. I always buy the books just I see their name on the cover and always excited when I see their new books in the bookstore.
This is my favorite authors;
- Chris Carter,
- Lee Child,
- Tess Gerritsen
- Dan Brown.
Do you know them?

Let's share your favorite authors! :)

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The only one I've heard of on your list is Dan Brown. Haha. If I had to make a list of my favorite authors, it would probably look like this:

Frank McCourt
Salman Rushdie
Alice Walker
Stephen King
Max Brooks
Bapsi Sidhwa
Omar Khayyam
Mia Bloom
Gloria Whelan
F. Scott Fitzgerald (I don't care if you Muricans had to read Gatsby in school, I think it's awesome.)
Harper Lee
SE Hinton

I'm pretty sure I might be missing a few but I think I got most of my favourites.

thealigator

Registered Member
I don't have my as I don't read much but on my list would be:

Bill Bryson
PJ Tracy
Grant Naylor (Rob Grant and Doug Naylor)
Koji Suzuki
Matthew Reilly
Mark Kermode

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Stephen King
Lawrence Block
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Nick Hornby
Barbara Kingsolver

I did not put Harper Lee on the list, because although To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books, it is the only one of hers I have ever read.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Holy shit, Di! We both forgot Janet Fitch. I loved White Oleander and it inspired me to check out her other work too. I bought Paint It Black on PlayBooks but haven't gotten the chance to read it yet since I'm reading like 5 different things.

Alph0x

Registered Member
Stephen King
Dean Koontz
Chuck Palahniuk
James Patterson
Kim Harrison
Jodi Picoult
Christopher Moore
V.C. Andrews

I could probably list several more.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Charles Leerhsen is my new favourite author after reading the Ty Cobb. He's amazing with words, he did tremendous research to prove all the false stories about Cobb. He's just fantastic.