Who are more bound to cheat?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know it’s hard to give a definitive answer to this subject and in my opinion if you respond to this thread your not right or wrong. So this is basically only speculation on your part. In your opinion who are more bound to cheat Men or Women? Please back up your answer though.

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I hate pointing fingers at any particular gender because cheating happens on both sides but I'd have to go with men.
    ...Men don't seem to really need a reason to cheat per se, whereas women tend to need a reason to cheat.

ugh

This doesn't mean I'm saying all men are unfaithful because they're not nor am I saying that every woman is a saint, etiher.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I have to agree with Ccup in that men are more likely to cheat than women. It may be biological or it may be societal but men are more likely to see women as conquests while women are more likely to be with a man because of her feelings for him. Of course these are generalities and not meant to describe every man or woman.

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think it's anything to do with the actual gender so much as it is the type of person you are. It might be that more men tend to cheat, but if so it'd be because of the kind of person they are, not just because they're men.

Women are just as likely to cheat in my opinion.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I remember reading once that women cheat almost as much as men, they're just less likely to get caught.
    Like Chaos said, it's the person more so than the gender.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Sometimes I think men are more likely to cheat as they seem to be "hunting" more than women. It can be a natural/biological issue.
    It can also be the fact that women are more irresistible in a man's eyes.

But really, It depends on one's character.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Except the one thing people forget is that the genders are different biologically. Women are actually more faithful due to their genetics since women tend to be more empathetic whereas as men are more ruled by their carnal desires. I'll look around for some links on it but I'm more than sure that genetics would suggest that men are more likely to cheat than women. Obviously there are people that fall outside of this norm but that doesn't change the biological workings behind most people.

8. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

But how you act on that depends on the type of person you are. Hence it's not the gender so much as the individual norms and beliefs. :dunno: There's no way to know that women are any less horny than guys. Maybe they just don't act upon it in the same way as men because girls are brought up in a society which expects them to be prim and proper - or at least much more so than males.

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

you might be able to find something by David Buss.

biologically and evolutionarily speaking, men are more likely to cheat. that does not however translate to the real world in this day and age.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

As much as we'd like to believe this Chaos, we are still ruled far more by our genes than social pressures. There's really no debating it. There is sound science behind it, women don't have as high of sex drives as men because it's an evolutionary device. Men are more horny, women are less aggressive, it makes the species more likely to survive. As I have said already and feel I will end up repeating again after this, of course these concepts don't apply to 100% of people. Some are outside standard genetic procedure and some are able to control themselves more than others but it doesn't mean that biological aspects should be suddenly ignored.

Like I said to Chaos, I'm not sure I've noticed us being able to simply 'ignore' our own genetics. You can't will your tits away, can you? Your hair length? Hair color? It most certainly does translate to today, we just like to think it doesn't. We hide our insecurities and wrongful actions through false and thick language, nothing more. We haven't changed anything, we've just changed how things appear to be.