Who are God’s people? And How can you know?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by manuel, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manuel

manuel Registered Member

Who are God’s people? And How can you know?

2. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

God's people were traditionally the Jews, but now anyone who is a christian is one of God's people.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Could you think of a more open ended question? Aren't we all suppose to be God's people?

ysabel and Boredie like this.
  4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I was going to say that after I read the thread title. It's a very vague question. Are you actually asking how to spot Christians?

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Most Christians I talk to still say Jews are "god's people".

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

All people are God's people.

7. manuel

manuel Registered Member

Not in religion they aren’t, specially in Christianity, this is the religion section of this forum and this are the bases for our position not all people are god‘s people.
    Joh 10:16 And I have other sheep who are not of this fold. I must also lead those, and they shall hear My voice, and there shall be one flock, one Shepherd.
    Joh 10:26 But you did not believe because you are not of My sheep. As I said to you,

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So I was right . . you're trying to find a way to "know" someone in God's flock without asking them.

Cute.

9. manuel

manuel Registered Member

Yes they do, but Isa 1:13 Bring no more vain sacrifice; incense is an abomination to Me; the new moon and sabbath, the going to meeting; I cannot endure evil and the assembly!
    Joh 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, so that they should not see with their eyes nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them."
    It seems to me that they were but Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and became a sharer of the root and the fatness of the olive tree with them,
    Rom 11:23 And those also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in. For God is able to graft them in again.
    Unless they turn away from their unbelieve they are not God’s people, there is a promise and a condition “believe in Jesus and be save”

10. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

He wants to spot them so he knows who to send to camps on his genocidal rampage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.