Who Am I: Brief Biographical Sketch

barutiwa

Registered Member
Before I begin contributing some of my writings and poetry for comment, I want to introduce myself to the participants of the Writers & Authors forum here at GeneralForum.com.

Baruti M. Kamau, President and Chief Executive of Bmk Dispatch & Transport, is an American entrepreneur, publisher, writer and stock market speculator. From 1992 to 1999 he conceptualized, published and distributed Barutiwa Newspaper (ISSN 1080-997x). He is also a published writer and poet. His writings have appeared in the Miami Times (Miami, Florida), The Spotlight (Washington, D.C.), Zoser Magazine (Brooklyn, New York), The Cincinnati Herald (Cincinnati, Ohio) and The Cincinnati Enquirer. His poetry has been consistently published in several anthologies and newsletters produced by The Southern Poetry Association (Mississippi) since 1987. Clifton Magazine and the United Black Association published his writings respectively during the Fall of 1988. He has also received several awards for his poetry in 1988, 1989 and 1992. Kamau was educated at the University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, Ohio), Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies (Kano, Nigeria), Suffolk Community College (Ipswitch, England) and the American Institute of Banking (Cincinnati, Ohio).

That's who I am and how I started atleast. There is more but I will add to this later as I become more comfortable with this community. Peace.

barutiwa

Registered Member
Like any serious writer out there, you don't know you have a following until you receive feedback. Thanks, Tucker for the compliments. Let's see how many young and old writers truly take interest in my quest to impinge upon the social process. :lol:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Right! I didn't mean to exclude the older hungry yet uninspired writers here, by which I mean myself. :)

EDIT: To give you a thumbnail sketch, we're proud to count as GF members both those interested in impingement and those who invariably see it as infringement. Despite the diversity of ideologies, however, we all tend to get along.

Last edited:

barutiwa

Registered Member
"A function of free speech under our system of government is to invite dispute. It may indeed serve its high purpose when it induces a condition of unrest, creates dissatisfaction with conditions as they are, or even stirs people to anger. Speech is often provocative and challenging. It may strike at prejudices and preconceptions and have profound unsettling effects as it presses for acceptance of an idea. That is why freedom of speech [is] protected against censorship or punishment..." - Justice William O. Douglass