• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who actually prefers social distancing?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hear a lot of extroverts complaining about Coronavirus lockdowns. I’ll admit, I work remotely and this has not affected my day-to-day very much. As an introvert, I also like not having the social pressure to go hang out with people.

Can that please continue after this is all over? 😁

886D47CA-2367-4338-AD07-6F59F5673EA8.jpeg

Konshentz

Konshentz
raises hand

It's literally the only good thing to come out of this whole ordeal. It keeps people away from me at work, which is a HUGE plus. Sure, I miss the occasional movie theater trip and eating out but that's about it. Haha.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I do. I really hope this is the new normal. Some time ago my wife and I were at the grocery store and I was paying with my debit card. The dude behind was standing way too close behind me as I was paying (most people do and it irritates the shit out of me). This time it bothered me even more so I asked him if he would step back and give me my space. He kind of rolled his eyes but he did. Now, when we go, people are 6 feet behind me when I pay. I love it.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Having to stay at least six feet away from other people during this virus crisis is something I don't mind. It hasn't irritated me, and I don't think it will.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm a homebody by nature so you would think that the 'Rona would make me feel comfort. But it doesn't. I at least like having the option to go places. I like going into my office to work and keeping that separate from my home life. I miss it.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't mind people not getting too close but everything being closed down is too much for me. I have a slight preference for introversion so my 40% extrovert hates this but my 60% introvert is really happy.

Still, it would be nice to have the freedom to go out and grab a burger or something and actually be able to eat it at the restaurant. I'm also very annoyed that chiropractic offices are closed.

Impaired

Registered Member
I feel sorry for those of you feeling happy at isolation. I'm an introvert by nature. I don't go out to shows much, or the bars - but I really miss being with friends and family. Not being able to hug my daughters and granddaughters sucks monkey balls.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a mixed bag....I like it but I don't.

I like social distancing and giving excuses to stay home but I also hate going anywhere right now...like the grocery store. What a pain in the ass. And no sports is stupid.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not the biggest fan. I like to go to the restaurant, movie theatre or just going somewhere to do something. Yes, it’s fun that I’m saving a bit of money, however, I would love if things got back to normal real soon.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like the social distancing. Never did like people standing too close to me. However I wish I had the option to go out to eat or shop for cloths and shoes if I wanted to. Not that I am big on shopping for cloths but not having the option to do so is irritating. I can't buy cloths and shoes online. They rarely fit right.