• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Whitner Hit on Thomas- Should It Be Outlawed?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
A blatant helmet-to-helmet hit should be illegal. It is illegal in college, and it helps save careers, so it should be illegal in the pro leagues, as well. Simple as that.

I cringed when I saw that play live.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think tackling should be outlawed all together. Not all tackling, if you can trip someone up when they run by you then you can do that but only if you can hit their ankle..You know what, after second thought, no.. they should be outlawed too because someone may trip and hurt themselves.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Will you stop it with that kind of crap, Bob? We know, you think every hit should be legal in the NFL.

And for the record, I thought the Whitner hit was clean. Primary contact was around the shoulders. The helmet-to-helmet hit was incidental.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It was a bone-rattling hit, but a clean one. I don't think the NFL should do anything at all. Thomas was just in the right place at the wrong time. Haha.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
Stop posting crap like this and I won't post the same crap over and over again.

Of course it was a clean hit, just like most of the hits that get fined are clean hits. Of course, it's the defenders fault in most cases because the offensive player ducks his head down to brace for the impact.

Again, take away all tackling and we'll never have this discussion.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
What was wrong with that tackle? There is a reason why they wear helmets. I think helmet to helmet penalties hurt the game a bit but not much. I hate to see players getting injured but that's part of the game and what they signed up for. I don't think any tackle should be illegal.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm posting this hit because people around the NFL have been talking about it. Also, maybe. just maybe, this is a message board where we discuss different topics. I just wanted to hear people's thoughts about this hit and whether it should be outlawed or not. Didn't want to hear your generic response on how you feel about hitting. We all know you think all the hits should be legal, even dirty ones that players get suspended for.

BigBob

Registered Member
Uh, because James Harrison's hits AREN'T dirty. You clearly don't pay attention to his hits because you'd realize the only reason people are getting hurt from his hits is because they duck right before he hits them.

It's okay that you don't understand the different between a dirty hit and a clean hit. Everyone has a different opinion and unfortunately for you, you don't understand that he's hitting THE WAY YOU ARE TAUGHT TO HIT SINCE PEE-WEE.

But again, it's okay. You don't have to understand that.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Ladies, calm down.

To me, it was a clean hit. It certainly looked awful but I don't think it was blatant. I think the NFL has enough rules regarding violence already and adding more is just going to suck more money out of the game.