Whiskers

Discussion in 'Pets' started by RATTIE, Mar 22, 2009.

1. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

If I cut off Zaras' whiskers would they grow back?
    I would obviously never do such a thing but was curious as her hair gets everywhere yet I have never come accross a whisker. :confused:
    Anyone know?

[​IMG]
    Zara, complete with whiskers. ;) 19.03.09.

2. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I pick up my cat's shedded whiskers all the time. Once a whisker some how snapped in two and kept on growing. Just cut off one or two if you're still curious.

RATTIE likes this.
  3. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I am pretty sure they will. I have my golden retriever groomed and they cut off a few of her whiskers and they have grown back!

RATTIE likes this.
  4. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Yeah they should.

My doggie not being the brightest spark often comes in with a bent whisker I just pull them out. They seem to grow back within a month or so.

What is Zara? Looks like a staffieXcollie in the photo. Looks gorgeous anyhow! .....and yeah black&white dogs never good for the old moulting, you can spot the hairs on every surface, nothing is safe.

5. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

Thanks for your replies.
    I wonder why I've never found any, after having dogs all my life?
    Must be because I'm so untidy. :p

6. gusto

gusto Registered Member

They will grow back for sure. I have had many dogs that get clippered right down 3 or 4 times a year. Their whiskers always grow back. In the case of my dogs though, the whiskers don't grow all the way back before they get clipped off again. I would estimate that it would take at least 6 months or more for the whiskers to get to their natural length.