• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Whip It (2009)

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I finally got around to finishing this last night (I have been working my way though a lot of films recently) and I really really enjoyed it. If you have not heard of it is based on the book whose name I have forgotten about a misfit girl (played by Ellen Page) joining a roller derby group after seeing them skate and falling in love with it. Obviously Ellen makes it into the team otherwise it would be a very short film and whilst it is based on a real story I wonder how much of it was created for story telling and dramatic purposes.

It's not going to change the world and the story is a very simple story but I really enjoyed it and would recommend anyone watch it especially if you like Page.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I got bored with this film very quickly. It was Drew Barrymore's first ever directing debut and I think she played it way too safe. The story was so textbook I could hardly believe it. When some of the things happened I couldn't believe that she was playing to such a conventional film plot. I think it's one of the most predictable films I have ever seen.
Apart from the story pretty much sucking the roller derby scenes were fast-paced and filmed well. I liked those.