Which wrestler did the WWE drop the ball on?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the WWE has released a lot of wrestlers during the past decade or so. Which wrestler do you think the WWE has really dropped the ball by releasing him? Someone that as some success today in another company.

To me the first wrestler that comes to mind is A.J Styles, he became a huge star in TNA, the matches he's had are classics. He's not only a good wrestler but he's a high flyer that isn't afraid to take risk. I wish he never left the WWE.

Thoughts?

Anthony1975

Registered Member
There are too many to mention. you could go back years and say guys like Rick Rude, Terry Taylor and a big one in recent times being Albert who is having a blast in New Japan.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Albert? lol, I couldnt stand that guy...he wasn't good when he was in WWE.

Sometimes guys have to move on...at least with Rick Rude he won the IC champion and was a big part of the WWF for a while.

There are alot of guys in TNA right now that WWE had and let go...just because their roster is so big. Styles, Shelley, Joe...all of them were in at some time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Prince Albert was awful the WWE definitely did not drop the ball on him. He was so bad in the ring, he had a few good moves but that's about it. His microphone skills are just as bad as his wrestling moves.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's because for the most part the talent over there isn't has good as it was when he was in the WWE. He reminds me of a worst version of Mark Henry to be honest with you. He didn't impress me one bit when he was with the WWF/WWF. The tag team of T&A wasn't impressive either.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
Hey dude I fucking hated Albert but it just got me thinking with some guys is it really they who are lacking skills required or is it just the way they get used in WWE?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Albert got plenty of chances in the WWE, he was given a push several times but didn't take the torch and run with it like other stars did. So to me personally it's his skill set that made him what he was in the WWE and not the WWE itself.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
On the other hand there are guys who are really gifted yet the higher ups are for some reason down on them. Are you aware for example that Vince McMahon doesn't think Christian has the superstar look? He has always said he doesn't see anything in Christian and can't understand why the writers are so high on him.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
On the other hand there are guys who are really gifted yet the higher ups are for some reason down on them. Are you aware for example that Vince McMahon doesn't think Christian has the superstar look? He has always said he doesn't see anything in Christian and can't understand why the writers are so high on him.
Oh the internet....it makes up some silly things, doesn't it?

Albert is a former IC champ...so they gave him a shot...he didnt really live up to it. He is doing a fine job in Japan, though.