Which would you prefer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Aug 28, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Would you give up a high paying job that you truly don't enjoy for one that pays a lot less, but you truly love?

Let's make it a 60% pay cut.

As much as I would love to quit where I'm at now and do what I truly love, there's no way my household could survive on less money.
    Sadly, I've chosen the path of monetary disillusionment and seem to be stuck following a trail of job dread.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would go for the money as well, I would tough it out as best as I can. The bills cannot pay themselves, even though I would love to work at my dream job. I couldn't afford to take the pay cut.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I gotta go with more money for a job I don't like as much as well. There's always the weekends and holidays to do what you enjoy. Not to mention hypothetically you can retire earlier.

4. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I'm taking the path towards doing what I love... Being a music teacher.

My mom was mad at first, because she went for being a teacher too, and it doesn't pay enough. She's constantly stressed about it, but I can't go and do something I don't care for in the least. I'm living my life to enjoy it.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Let's see, I'm in a job I can't stand, a physician who is trying to get me fired but I refuse to quit because all I need now is about 2 more years and I can retired. What do you think? lol

6. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

You can retire in two years? Tis' why you go where the money is...

7. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

Well right now as a student I have to settle for a part time job I do not like as much for the money. But I'm going to school to become a librarian, so in about three more years of school I will go to a job I love for the right price.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd go with the money because I've learnt I can't live on my current wage. I love my current job but the money is terrible. I have stayed in it for almost 4 years, and I do believe if I hadn't have been made redundant I would have stayed there.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Its 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I could work with the devil if I really had to.

Paint me green and call me greedy... I'll go with the money here. Like Hybrix said, theres always the hollidays and weekends.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'd pick the money job because I have to think of what my family needs. However, if part of the thing I hate about the job is that it takes away too much of my time from my family and consumes my health...then I'll go with the lower paying job.