Which would you prefer?

Would you give up a high paying job that you truly don't enjoy for one that pays a lot less, but you truly love?

Let's make it a 60% pay cut.

As much as I would love to quit where I'm at now and do what I truly love, there's no way my household could survive on less money.
Sadly, I've chosen the path of monetary disillusionment and seem to be stuck following a trail of job dread.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would go for the money as well, I would tough it out as best as I can. The bills cannot pay themselves, even though I would love to work at my dream job. I couldn't afford to take the pay cut.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I gotta go with more money for a job I don't like as much as well. There's always the weekends and holidays to do what you enjoy. Not to mention hypothetically you can retire earlier.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I'm taking the path towards doing what I love... Being a music teacher.

My mom was mad at first, because she went for being a teacher too, and it doesn't pay enough. She's constantly stressed about it, but I can't go and do something I don't care for in the least. I'm living my life to enjoy it.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Let's see, I'm in a job I can't stand, a physician who is trying to get me fired but I refuse to quit because all I need now is about 2 more years and I can retired. What do you think? lol

R1pperZ

Registered Member
Let's see, I'm in a job I can't stand, a physician who is trying to get me fired but I refuse to quit because all I need now is about 2 more years and I can retired. What do you think? lol
You can retire in two years? Tis' why you go where the money is...

LadyPinky

scientia potestas est
Well right now as a student I have to settle for a part time job I do not like as much for the money. But I'm going to school to become a librarian, so in about three more years of school I will go to a job I love for the right price.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'd go with the money because I've learnt I can't live on my current wage. I love my current job but the money is terrible. I have stayed in it for almost 4 years, and I do believe if I hadn't have been made redundant I would have stayed there.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Its 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I could work with the devil if I really had to.

Paint me green and call me greedy... I'll go with the money here. Like Hybrix said, theres always the hollidays and weekends.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'd pick the money job because I have to think of what my family needs. However, if part of the thing I hate about the job is that it takes away too much of my time from my family and consumes my health...then I'll go with the lower paying job.