• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which Would You Prefer At A Bar?

Your Choice of Containment

• Total voters

Shwa

V.I.P.
When people go out they like to have their choice of having a bottled beverage or their drink served in an ice cold glass. So, which do you usually prefer when going out to your local pub to relax with friends and shoot the breeze? Do you like the face you can throw away your bottle when finished or do you not mind going back and forth getting refills/a new glass?

For me, it's either or really. But I much prefer a bottled beverage over having my beer served in a glass, I feel like the bottle holds more time to chill my beverage. Even if I don't take a couple of sips for a while, it'll still remain somewhat cold. Also, there's really no big worry on spilling your beverage when walking or talking with friends (unless you literally drop your bottle). But If I am going to be sitting and smoking with friends, I'll just get my beverage in a glass.

~Shwa

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If the beer comes in a can then I like it to have it in a plastic cup or frozen glass/mug. I'm not a huge fan of drinking out of a can, so if I can avoid it I do.

Other than that I don't mind to be honest. The thing about a bottle is that the bottle can get warm really fast depending on if you know how to hold on to it or not(by the neck). If I want to pound them back then I'll drink out of glass/mug/plastic cup. Goes down way easier.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If the beer comes in a can then I like it to have it in a plastic cup or frozen glass/mug. I'm not a huge fan of drinking out of a can, so if I can avoid it I do.
This ^^^

I choose either or both because I'm not really that picky. I like drinking out of the bottle of beer moreso then a can but I can't say I like the mug more then a bottle either haha

m1ssro

Registered Member
When given the choice, I prefer my beer to come in a bottle because it does seem to stay colder & crisper and is more drunk-proof than a glass. I'm not overly picky though...as long as I have a beer in my hand I am happy.

BigBob

Registered Member
I prefer beer in a glass period. It doesn't seem to taste bad after the third beer if I'm drinking it out of a glass as it is out of a bottle.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
I've made it a habit to drink from bottles and cans. But I've heard that is "barbaric" and pouring it into a cup brings out the true flavor of the beer. Not sure if its all in my head but it seems to taste different when I do it. So if I can I use a mug/cup.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I prefer bottles over cans. I tend to only use a glass if I'm making a mixed drink. Sometimes I'll pour my beer from the bottle into a glass, but only if I'm feeling all high society like. Which is rare. I prefer bottles over cans because I find the beer in a can tastes tinny. Tends to make me bloat up more. From a bottle, I get less air and more beer.

Impact

V.I.P.
I don't really have a preference between in a glass or in a bottle, except like Biz said...it's easier to drink faster out of glasses. Not really a fan of drinking from cans but I will if there isn't a glass around.

TradedMyPearls

Registered Member
I prefer bottles but I think that's strictly out of habit, or maybe I just associate glasses/mugs with drinking off tap (which I don't like).