Atari Which verision of the 2600 did you have.

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
For a lot of people my age their first gamming console was NES, in my case it was that little heavy wonder known as the Atari 2600. I personally owned two a heavy sixer from 77 and the 4 switch model that was released around 1980. In my option the gameplay level that some of these games possessed has never since been reached. The great thing about some of these games was the fact that they were so short. You could pick it up and play with it for several hours (if you were good at the game) beat it and then do something else, but in the same strike could pick the game up and be just as entertained. Games like space invaders and missle command are perfect examples.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I know what you mean... Ive always had the 4 switch fake wood lookin one.
Games back then had a whole different feel to them. no need for strategy guides and such. Just pick up and play... well if there was one game that needed a strategy guide... E.T. The game that filled up a landfill lol

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had a 4 switch fake wood one as well. Sold it for like $2.00 to Gamerz back in 95 or so.. What a ripoff. :( I'm still mad about that decision. I think with all of the games they paid $5.00 or so. So stupid of me to sell.. :(

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
I never sold mine but unfourantly I lost mine in a leaky storage unit. Although I'm looking to at some point replace mine at least the heavy sixer.

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
So one of those guys huh? the game play was awesome no matter what hardware you play it on. Although I heard there was a couple games that didn't play on it although which ones escape me now.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
ScubaSteve said:
I have the adapter for my Colecovision to play 2600 games on it.

I used to have one of those... and need to find one again. Its alot easier useing the coleco controllers than the atari ones.

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
The aftermarket contollers for the 2600 were pretty decent as well I had one I used all the time. Theres places online where you can actually buy old colecovisions I'll have to find the links to them on my other computer, ebay is one of the obvious ones.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I might be up for selling the whole set. I have the ColecoVision, the 2600 adapter, and somewhere around fifty games. It still works, too.