TV Which tv star?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, May 11, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Which television star from a sitcom became the biggest actor in movies in your opinion.

I have to go with Will Smith on this one, he's one of the biggest movie actors in the world today. I knew he could become a great actor from his apperances on Fresh Prince of Bel Air, but personally I didn't see him becoming this huge.

Thoughts?

If you think it's Will Smith as well, try to find new people.

2. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I'd say it's a tie between Will Smith and Bruce Willis

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Now this is a tough one..You both have the only 2 I can think of at this time. This is a good thread BR. I will have to think hard to come up with an answer to this one.

I guess one could say Piearce Brosnan..He got his start on Remington Steele (not exactly a sitcom) but it is the only one I can think of right now.

4. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

There's another guy who started off in a sitcom: Simon Pegg. He's starred in one of the best comedy horror movies, has appeared alongside some of the worlds finest acting talent in Hot Fuzz, and is currently appearing in the new Star Trek movie.

5. KarlW

KarlW Registered Member

Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) and Tom Hanks (Bosum Buddies) have both starred in a lot of movies. Other TV-stars-turned-movie stars
    include: Sally Field (Gidget, The Flying Nun), Burt Reynolds (Riverboat,
    Gunsmoke, etc.), among others.

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Tom Hanks, I think. Especially relative to the shite sitcom he was in (Bosom Buddies)

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Tom Hanks also appeared in an episode of Happy Days, it's definitely one of my favorite episodes in the series.

Robin Williams is another good choice.

8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

You didn't like BOSOM BUDDIES? I thought it was hilarious. One of the few sitcoms I actually thought was funny and the chemistry between Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari was terrific. I also loved watching the wonderfully talented Wendi Jo Sperber (1958-2005) who was so delightful in movies such as "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" "1941" and "Bachelor Party"

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Will Smith without a doubt. He has gone on to do many great things since The Fresh Prince and I am surprised he's still not won an Oscar.

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Wait, Wendi Jo Sperber died? I did not know that. :(