Which three players...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Which three players would be most crushed if their names surfaced on the steroid list?

-Carlos Delgado
    -Ken Griffey Jr.
    -Vladimir Guererro

These are my three current baseball players, and I love to watch them. If their names surfaced on the steroid list, I'd be crushed and sad about it, because I have so much respect for them.

AnitaKnapp likes this.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Definitely Ken Griffey Jr for me. I grew up idolizing that guy...his name has never been brought up before which makes me happy. If he hadn't gotten hurt I believe he'd have ended up being the home run king.
    ------
    I guess I need to add two more names but honestly the only other guy I can think of is Albert Pujols.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  3. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

I'd go with Griffey, as of right now he's accomplished the most out of any of the three. Vlad flies below the radar so he doesn't get a whole ton of attention in spite of good quality numbers, so even if he were caught I don't think it would be played up the way others have been. When it comes to PR Delgado made his mistake with his remarks on the US a few years back so if he were caught it'd just further bite him in the ass, however numbers wise he doesn't compare to Griffey or even Vlad so I don't think it would be devestating.

4. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

David Ortiz for obvious reasons

Ken Griffey Jr.- he was my favorite player growing up and i loved watching the Home Run Derby with him in it

Cal Ripken- i've always admired him and admired his games played streaked and to have him implicated in this would be awful, he is one of baseballs heroes

5. metsforever7515

metsforever7515 Registered Member

Keep in mind I am a Mets fanatic.

David Wright - The guy just doesn't seem like the type to do it. He's a real nice guy, who seems to be as clean as a whistle when it comes to roids.

Derek Jeter- As much as I do not like the guy, he is a good guy and like Wright, he seems so clean.

Mariano Rivera - Another Yankee but with the career hes had and the respect this guy has earned, I would be devastated if he surfaced as a user.

6. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

Wright and Rivera would bother me because both of them are solid players and mean a lot to the game

As for Jeter im not gonna lie I wouldn't be that angry, I hate Jeter and if he was the only guy to use it would bug me but with all the other guys out there that have used one more would be no big deal and i wouldn't mind seeing Jeters name added to the list, i obviously don't condone steroids and i strongly dislike the use of them but seens how other guys careers have been tarnished it honestly wouldn't bother me if we found out he used, it may be a terrible thing to say but i just hate Derek Jeter

I gotta say tho i admire u for being bothered if Jeter used, ur a better person than I am by far

7. metsforever7515

I really don't like the Yankees as a team, but the players aren't too bad.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Ken Griffey, Jr
    Mark Grace
    Ichiro

Three of my favorite players that I have a lot of respect for and love watching them play. Yes, I know Grace is retired now.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I doubt that Ichiro will ever be linked to steroids, the guy just knows how to play the game, and if you look at him, it shows that hes not a steroid user.

I would be extremely disapointed if Mariano Riviera was linked to steroids as well, the man is arguably the best closer of all time, what's he's accomplished is simply amazing.

Major likes this.
  10. metsforever7515

I would be stunned if Ichiro was ever linked to steroids.