which teams, that didn't make the playoffs this year, can make them next year?

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Slippery Jim, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Guest

well, for starters, Edmonton. They have 15m to spend, and Lowe says that they're going to be big stars, and if Lowe says that hey are gonna be big, they're gonna be big.
    Chicago, also, I think, has a chance this next year. They won the draft lottery and have a pretty good roster, now all they need is a little upgrade on defense, and with Khabibulin in net, they can be dangerous. Also other teams, that have been waiting for a long time can make it. Teams like, Toronto, Montreal, maybe Washington (with Ovechkin and Semin).

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

The Leafs and Habs will make a shot at the playoffs but like every season it seems like those teams can't hold down a spot no matter how much I want them too. But this could be the Leafs year to get back into things. They need it this year and I think they will make a run at it.

The Caps are the team I think to watch this year. If they can get another couple of players to help out guys like Ovechkin , Semin and Kolzig then maybe then can get in but they need additional players to help them out as well. On the blue line they need some help so I'd expect them to make atleast a go for Sheldon Souray.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

The Leafs. I hope.

We shall see.

4. andrew_bishop

The Leafs need to make some moves. I think that as well Raycroft needs to play his best all year. He struggled at times and thus did the Leafs. When he is on his game the Leafs have a good chance of winning but when he is the slightest bit off it takes a lot more to win the game.

5. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

I think next year the caps will make it. They just need to get some solid players in the off season, as andrew said they need help on the blueline, so souray would be a huge help. Also they have another high pick this year and backstrom from last year, him and ovechkin on one line; dangerous.

6. andrew_bishop

Souray is a stretch though for the Caps in my opinion. He just does not go well with the high tempo front line of the Caps and he would need an adjustment to better suit his game to fit the team. While Backstrom is good , He'll be the same as Souray would if he went to the Caps. He'll need time to get used to the NHL style game compared to Europe which could take years. But in a few years time the Caps will be damn near impossible to stop.

7. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

Exactly. This team is very underrated. They have some really great young players in their locker room and in a couple of years watch out.

8. andrew_bishop

Alex Semin in my view is the most underrated player in the NHL. Think about it , Over 30 goals this year and he was one of the bright spots for the Caps and nobody speaks of the kid. He's basically an un known face in the locker room of the NHL. Not an all star , Not mentioned next to Ovechkin's name. Guys like him will bring the Caps back to the promise land. But a lot of what he has been able to do he has to thank Chris Clark for. Clark showed him the way to score goals and to play defence. Clark is the leader right now for the Caps and with him they have a future ahead.

9. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

Without Kolzig they would be no where. He is a star goaltender in my opinion, i'm gald the caps didn't trade him, He is a very underated goaltender in this leauge, the whole caps team is. I hope they can prove everyone wrong and shock the hockey world with a great season. They have a very bright furture.

10. andrew_bishop

The only downside about Kolzig is the fact that within the next five years he'll be retired. He has had a great run with the Caps but his age is starting to catch up to him. That's why this year I think the Caps need to take a goalie in the first round , Try and get a guy to come in and learn a little so he can maybe become the next Kolzig.