• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which teams fall and which teams rise?

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
I think this year it's time for Oakland to make the playoffs and i think Jacksonville will be really good. I think the chiefs or Bengals will most likely be fighting for a wildcard spot. the NFC is a bit harder to predict. Vikings as a Surprise? Redskins? It should be a good season! thoughts?

willge87

Registered Member
I'll go through all 32 teams and judge whether I see them going up or down.

+ = going up
- = going down
x = maintaining a level similar to past

(Not necessarily in order of predicted finish)

NFC East

Dallas: x (No Tony Romo = not much better than last year)
Washington: - (I had a dream that Kirk Cousins suffered a significant injury, but I have a feeling that this team overachieved last year, but might still be good enough to win the division)
New York: x (The offence will still be good, but will the defence do enough to get them over .500 +/- a few games
Philadelphia: - (Growing pains with Wentz are a distinct possibility)

NFC North

Green Bay: + (Bridgewater injury almost defaults them the division title)
Minnesota: - (I hope Bradford can hold the fort)
Chicago: x (see New York Giants)
Detroit Lions: - (Megatron out means the curse of Bobby Layne continues)

NFC South

New Orleans: x (see Chicago & New York)
Atlanta: x
Carolina: - (I don't see them repeating 15-1)
Tampa Bay: + (intrigued to see what Winston does in next step; potential surprise team)

NFC West

San Francisco: - (things aren't going to get better before they get worse)
Los Angeles: x (growing pains for Goff most likely though Gurley could take ton of pressure off of him)
Seattle: x
Arizona: x

AFC East

New England: x (still the best team in the division)
Buffalo: x
Miami: x
New York: x

The status quo here pretty much.

AFC North

Pittsburgh: + (like the talent on this team)
Cincinnati: x (always think they'll slip and they don't)
Baltimore: -
Cleveland: x (same old Browns)

AFC South

Indianapolis: + (I think they get back on track this year)
Houston: x (Osweiler is the Wild Card; potential surprise team)
Jacksonville: + potential surprise team
Tennessee: + (Mariotta is a good QB I think, but team will still have issues to overcome)

AFC West

Denver: - (I guess QB didn't matter last year, but still...)
KC: x
Oakland: + (could this be the year)
San Diego: x (feel sorry for Phillip Rivers)

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Teams that will go down this season: Niners, Jaguars, Ravens, Broncos, Cowboys, Chargers.

Teams that will go up: Falcons, Chiefs, Raiders, Dolphins, Steelers, Bucs

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think this year it's time for Oakland to make the playoffs and i think Jacksonville will be really good. I think the chiefs or Bengals will most likely be fighting for a wildcard spot. the NFC is a bit harder to predict. Vikings as a Surprise? Redskins? It should be a good season! thoughts?
I would've put the Vikes as a surprise if Teddy Bridgewater didn't go down with that torn ACL this week. I got no idea how Sam Bradford will do as their QB but that's a huge opportunity for him.

I also think that Jacksonville could surprise a lot of teams. I thought Blake Bortles played pretty good last year and he could shine big this season.

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
Teams that will go down this season: Niners, Jaguars, Ravens, Broncos, Cowboys, Chargers.

Teams that will go up: Falcons, Chiefs, Raiders, Dolphins, Steelers, Bucs
I agree with a lot of your predictions. i'm sure a dark horse will pop out of nowhere to win a division. in my opinion