Which sport has the best history?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

In your opinion which sport as the best history?

For me it's baseball, there's so much history in baseball, so many legends that played the game 90 years ago. Just look at the names.

-Babe Ruth
    -Ty Cobb
    -Walter Johnson
    -Rogers Hornsby
    -Chrsty Mathewson
    -Pete Alexander
    -Ted Williams

The list goes on, I can talk about the history of baseball for hours upon hours.

Thoughts?

Millz likes this.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Baseball without hesitation and without a doubt. The NFL is great but they had the AFL and a split and really dont have a solid history. The NHL is lengthy and so is the NBA but I dont think anything compares to baseball.

You see all the great players MJ listed but also think about how the game has evolved over the years. Its something else.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Baseball.

(post too short)

Millz likes this.
  4. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Corrected:nod:

I reckon football(soccer) has the best history. From the Sunday leagues to the World cup finals. So many great players and so many great teams. Nearly every nation, city, town and village has their heroes and their story of great times past and present, so many memories, so many moments!

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Sounds like something they'd put on a Disney commercial, lol.

..but I have to agree..During the World Cup, that's the one time in the world that entire nations come together for their teams. It seems like soccer brings countries together more then anything else.

..but Baseball is there too, don't get me wrong, it has tons of history here

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Soccer's kind of weird, since you could argue it has multiple, separate histories.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wade care to explain why you believe Baseball has the best history, it's much more entertaining to read a post when you give a reason why you believe something is better then something else.

I also know that you can give a good explanation, so I'm interesting to read it.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't know enough about soccer, but baseball definitely has the best history of all the American sports. I'd say college football is right up there too. It has so much tradition dating back over a hundred years. The rivalries, the Heisman trophy, Rose Bowl, etc.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I'd say the Olympics because there's been thousands of athletes there to talk about.

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

he was typing with an accent, lol.

I'm going with hockey. The Stanley Cup has such a rich history, if you don't know anything about the Cup, you really should read a book called If The Cup Could Talk.

Among other stories, the book chronicles the story of the Dawson City Nuggets and the most lopsided score in Stanley Cup history. The Nuggets made a month-long trip by sled dog, ship, and train to Ottawa only to lose to the Silver Seven 22-3.