• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Which Sonic Sidekick was better Tails or Knuckles?

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
In my opinion Tails was that better sidekick although he was awfully dimwitted.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
My favorite by far was Tails. I used him all the time in Sonic 2. :) I just wish there was a way to play as Tails with Sonic following, but I guess that's why he's called a sidekick. :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Tails most definately. He's the classic sidekick type, plus he can fly. Though, Knuckles could grab onto walls after he flew.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tails, I guess. I don't think I ever played any of the games with Knuckles in it.

Albey

Registered Member
I always liked tails cause he could fly also.. He looked funny when he flew..

Knuckles is cool, but Tails is just more fun to play as. It's especially funny to try and make him fly underwater. My, oh my, he looks funny. Go do it.

compudoc

Registered Member
Tails was the better sidekick.. but I liked nuckles.. something about big hands.

It was really cool finding alternate paths as Knuckles by climbing around. It detracted from the speedy gameplay though.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
It's going to be Tails every time, considering that Knuckles was never once Sonic's sidekick.

Oh, and Tails can Fly. Knuckles can climb. Which is better overall?