• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which Search Engine Should I Use for PPC?

IslandGuy

Registered Member
The choice of search engine for PPC depends on a lot of things, but here are some to keep in mind:

Are you selling local or regional, national or international?
Are you selling one or a lot of products?
Do you have time to keep track of the progress of your campaigns or is your time limited?
Are you familiar with PPC processes or a relative newbie?
Are you able to create different landing pages for your website, or will you need (and can you afford) a designer to help you set up some different pages for different promotions or times of year?

Just a few things to think about before you start looking at what the different search engines have to offer for PPC options.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
With Adsense you can specify if you want your ads to display only in certain ZIP codes, so that fixes that problem. :)

Of coruse that only works for Google. I don't have experience with the other big name search engine advertising programs.

softwarewiz

Registered Member
I'm not sure exactly, but I think almost all search engines that are in the Top 10, let's say, have local search of some degree, where you can target where your ads show up.

Some limit you to countries, but others can go regional or smaller even if you want to just target a specific zip code or something.

I think local search is still in a state of flux and can be very good or not so good, depending upon your purpose. I think I'd stick with Google for local too, but Yahoo! has it going pretty well themselves.

Also, if you're actually shopping online, the shopping search engines were the first to recognize the real importance of local for the shopping experience, so a site like Shopzilla may be the place to go for that sort of stuff - if you're selling products and have an inventory.

venti

Google adsense is definitely one of the best, though it is my understanding that Yahoo! pays better. Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard you have to receive an invite to join Yahoo! PPC program.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yahoo is still in Beta. They are only letting sites in with a good amount of traffic. I use both and find that one day Adsense might be better, and the next Yahoo might be better. Overall I've had a good experience with Yahoo, and I think that it may tend to perform a bit better, but not a huge difference.

redouane83

there is also other engine that use PPc but the most knowen are google and Yahoo but i have read that we have to be more intellegent when we choose our word for PPC in order to pay the lowest cost.
i heard also that there are some technics to get trafic in those engine without paying .... but i don't know hwo

Melos

Registered Member
I would also vote Google, just because I think it is the search engine that is the most popular for users. Any other big one might get you good results at a lower cost though - Yahoo, MSN....

destiny_star200

The choice of search engine for PPC depends on a lot of things, but here are some to keep in mind:

Are you selling local or regional, national or international?
Are you selling one or a lot of products?
Do you have time to keep track of the progress of your campaigns or is your time limited?
Are you familiar with PPC processes or a relative newbie?
Are you able to create different landing pages for your website, or will you need (and can you afford) a designer to help you set up some different pages for different promotions or times of year?

Just a few things to think about before you start looking at what the different search engines have to offer for PPC options.
Thanks for that great information!
Ive now made myself a checklist with all of the above points to consider first thanks again:D