Which ROH Superstars?

wooly

I am the woolrus
There have been rumours for a while now that WWE is looking to sign 4 or 5 of ROH's top stars, and that was backed up by WWE bringing in Bryan Danielson last week.

Now i'm not really happy to see it, especially with ROH's financial trouble at the moment, if they lose most of their top talent it'll be hard to recover, but if WWE wants then it's inevitable their going to get them. So what i'm hoping for mainly is that whoever does get bought gets pushed properly.

So who would you like to see WWE pick up within the next year? My two top choices would be:

Austin Aries - Definitely the best wrestler in the world today IMO. Possibly the best in the ring and possibly the best on the mic. He is the complete package. If WWE picked him up and let him keep his current character/gimmick, he would rule WWE.

Davey Richards - Possibly the hardest worker in wrestling today. Only 26 years old and is an amazing talent. One of the most intense wrestlers i've ever seen and he's had multiple matches this year that are going to be MOTY candidates. The sky is the limit for this guy. Wouldn't mind seeing WWE bring in Eddie Edwards, the other half of the American Wolves, if they did bring in Richards. They work fantastically together and god knows WWE could do with a decent tag team or two.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
Honest answer? None and the reason being they will be jobbed out to twats like Mike Knox or Mike Mizanin week after week. I would much rather they signed for TNA where they would stand a much better chance.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't seen all of them but Aries and Strong were both impressive in TNA...I'd be cool with either of them joining.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'd rather see most of these guys stay in ROH but it's inevitable they're going to leave if WWE make the offers. Plus with Smackdown and ECW at the moment, i think WWE is a great place for opportunities.

Aries would be fantastic in WWE, but Roderick Strong.... He is a fantastic wrestler, but he is extremely uncharismatic. His promos are extremely weak. I'd be less confident of him being successful in WWE than someone like Aries, who has the total package.

Supposedly another star WWE are actually looking at is Nigel McGuinness. I think he could work very well in WWE, great wrestler and got the charisma as well. He could make a great heel in the WWE.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
I'd rather see most of these guys stay in ROH but it's inevitable they're going to leave if WWE make the offers. Plus with Smackdown and ECW at the moment, i think WWE is a great place for opportunities.

Aries would be fantastic in WWE, but Roderick Strong.... He is a fantastic wrestler, but he is extremely uncharismatic. His promos are extremely weak. I'd be less confident of him being successful in WWE than someone like Aries, who has the total package.

Supposedly another star WWE are actually looking at is Nigel McGuinness. I think he could work very well in WWE, great wrestler and got the charisma as well. He could make a great heel in the WWE.
You're right about his charisma, wooly. You could always slap a mask on him and have him not speak for years like Kane initially did (not)! :p Even if his charisma is sub-par, I think his wrestling makes up for it.