• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Which Pujols will we see?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Albert was plagued with injuries last season..mostly a foot plantitis(spelling?) which made him miss 63 games and have the worse year statically of his career. Is pujols on the downside of his career or will he bounce back this season?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's really hard to say, He's 34 years-old(so he says) and he keeps himself in great shape so there's always a chance for him to find a bit of his old form, but we will never see the "best player in the league" Albert Pujols.

I just hope he can remain healthy. Him and Trout playing at high level would be fun to watch, and good for the game.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It certainly isn't over for Albert Pujols yet. He can still be an impact player. However, this is the year he has to do it. If he falls short in 2014 there probably won't be any reason to see him improving much at all in future seasons.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he can probably get back to where he was in his first season in Anaheim. Of course, if you compare that season to all his seasons in St Louis you could consider it a down year but for any normal player, you'd take it.

He'll never be worth the money he got but I can see him bouncing back, sure.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I could easily see these next 2 years being a somewhat return to form for Pujois, but like others have said he won't be in Cardinal form

Is Anaheim the place where great players go to disappear I'm really hoping Josh Hamilton can find his game again love the way that guy swings it when he is rolling. I think Pujols will return to a very good player again but who knows. Really makes you wonder how these untouchable guys don't flicker or fade they just disappear quite often it is an injury that they can't return from or something like fading eyesight I find it very interesting when Baseball players just lose their ability.