Which popular wrestlers do you hate?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm sure there's some popular wrestlers that you hate that are in the business today, who are they and why?

You can also choose wrestlers that have retired.

Here's a few that I can't stand:

-Rey Mysterio: I used to be a fan of him back in WCW, actually he was one of my favorites. But after a year of him being in the WWE I couldn't stand him anymore. He's just annoying on so many levels and he's boring to watch in the ring.

-Booker T in WCW: After he left Harlem Heat Booker T was a pretty popular single wrestler and I couldn't stand him, he was just bland to me and didn't do it for me.

I use to have a hate for John Cena, but now I can stand the guy. He's still corny as every, but I don't blame him for that.

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

To start off, I want to say that I'm the same as you with Cena, Biz. I used to be a hater, but I can't deny his contribution to the business...he deserves that main event spot in the WWE, and does it really well. I'm behind the guy, and I can't wait to see if he ever goes heel. If he stays face for a good while longer, which I think will happen, it could end up being the 2nd best heel turn after the emergence of Hollywood Hulk Hogan! Ok, sorry, off topic.

I'm kind of the same with Rey lately...I've always been a HUGE fan, but he's become so damn watered down and repititious. Worse than Cena ever was. He's good on the mic, and I won't deny his in-ring value, but it's just the character and style is just too stale to enjoy at all. Take it back to his feud with Chavo, his time in the Cruiserweight division feuding with the likes of Tajiri, even his first World Title run and I'd be saying differently. I was excited to see him coming to the WWE, but I hate where it's gone. Maybe I'd think differently if was a kid. I'm sure I'd want a Mysterio mask.

During the nWo days, believe it or not, I was so sick of Hollywood. Again with the repitition angle, combined with my love for Stinger, I just couldn't stand him. Sometimes I think it was just because he was such an effective heel. Looking back, I'd love to relive those days. But at the time, man, I was so sick of him.

Goldberg during his WCW run. The run was amazing, but I HATED him and his squash matches. It was just the same annoying shit every single week, the same damn entrance with police surrounding him even though he was supposed to be badass, the same in-ring routine with no innovation. Blah. By the time he hit the WWE, I was glad to see him there. Too bad the run didn't go that well.

I couldn't stand HHH during his heel days (after the McMahon-Helmsley era, I enjoyed that). He was so good and so hateable, but I wanted the strap on someone else for a change at the time. Again, it's a case of not being able to stand him then but appreciating the fact now.

3. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Probably Triple H during his heel run back in the day, ahhh I've never had so much hate for a wrestler quite like him, which really meant that he was doing an awesome job HAHA!

4. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I hate Triple H more than any other past or present Wrestler. I also cannot stand Boretista or Rey Misterio Jr.

5. Babe_Ruth

Goldberg, really?

I think Goldberg was one of the reasons why I loved WCW so much(obviously there's other reasons.) But Goldberg was so entertaining, obviously most of his matches were squashes but that's what made him so cool. I loved the security knocking on his door and following him to the ring, that was awesome.

Goldberg was a let down in the WWE for the most part.

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Goldberg, definitely.

Especially the door knocking.

Especially the squash matches. It was the same damn in-ring routine every week, it killed me!

Occasionally the WWE will be trying to get a superstar over and have them do squash matches for around a month, even that is excessive.

7. Babe_Ruth

But that's what made Goldberg so awesome. He just go out there and destroy everything that was in his path. He was so over because of it, so why not keep doing it if it gets major ratings?

But a few wrestlers didn't really like it, Meng and Regal being on top of the list. They worked really stiff with Goldberg and refused being "embarassed" by Goldberg.

8. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

mysterio is the easy target......ill back that idea.

cena/trips yeah...same.

i always hated lex lugar in wcw...no matter what.

9. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I'd have to go with John Cena first and foremost. I can't stand him anymore. In fact, I hate him so much I was literally screaming when The Nexus kicked his ass in that handicap match a few weeks ago. Triple H comes pretty close too. It's really nothing personal but these guys just don't know when to gracefully move aside and let other talent accept the spotlight. DX was awesome back in the day, but was there really any point in it now? Its like HHH and Shawn Michaels were having a mid-life crisis or something. Just plain embarrassing to watch 40-something year olds doing crotch chops.

10. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I'm quite sure Mr Mcmahon has the final say when it comes to who get's the "spotlight". Like Mcmahon says, it's all about business. If putting Triple H in the spotlight for some time is good for business, you'll bet your bottom dollar he'll be in the spotlight.

Besides Trips was carrying the company on his shoulders for a few years after Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock left a pretty big hole to fill, following their departure.