• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which one is better?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Which of these choices is better and faster at burning more calories in 30 minutes?

Intensive aerobic workout ?
Or working on the elliptical/running on a treadmill?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I would say the treadmill. According to two different calorie calculators, if you are around 130lbs then you should be burning just over 200 calories ish whilst doing intensive aerobics for 30 mins. The same amount of time on the treadmill and, well, you should know better than anyone if the machine tells you calories burned, but it's certainly well over 200.

Last edited:

konboye

Registered Member
I would say the treadmill. According to two different calorie calculators, if you are around 130lbs then you should be burning just over 200 calories ish whilst doing intensive aerobics for 30 mins. The same amount of time on the treadmill and, well, you should know better than anyone if the machine tells you calories burned, but it's certainly well over 200.
I concur, to burn calories, threadmills or jogging/running is the best. But when you want to tone your muscles or workout to get ripped or something like that, thats when you need to do aerobics.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I would go with the treadmills as well. Aerobics is for muscles.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
How is aerobics only for muscles when aerobics is about moving and dancing, keeping your heart beat as high as possible. I think aerobics is mostly cardio.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Eh, I dunno, confusing.

Think of aerobic activity as being long in duration yet low in intensity. Aerobic activities include: walking, biking, jogging, swimming, aerobic classes and cross-country skiing. Anaerobic activity is short in duration and high in intensity. Anaerobic activities include: racquetball, downhill skiing, weight lifting, sprinting, softball, soccer and football.
What is Aerobic Exercise

As for your original question then, I have no idea. Sorry. :lol:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't know what to say either. Sounds strange that a question as easy as that is hard to answer lol.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I prefer aerobic excercises just the because I don't use treadmills or machines for my excercises. I prefer jogging over a treadmill any day of the week. I think it is better for you because you can get exposure to the sun. With a treadmill you are generally indoors w/ac.