• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which one do you prefer?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Send a text message?
A voice mail?
A phone call?

I hate the first two and I'm definitely for the 3rd one. I'm quite lazy about sending text/voice messages. I think they make no sense and are a waste of time. Supposing I have an emergency and you don't answer, then sending a text message won't change anything for better.
Also, I hardly ever read text messages. If you don't call then I won't bother to read anything you've sent.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I prefer texts, BBM in particular since all my friends have it. I find it to be a lot quicker than pulling out the number and calling them. And almost everyone I know keeps their phone on silent, so there's no point in calling them since they never pick up. I just find it easier to get a hold of people through texting.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
. And almost everyone I know keeps their phone on silent, so there's no point in calling them since they never pick up.
I still don't get why people would keep their phone on silent for the whole day. lol.
I never do that. Mostly because If I leave it on vibration then it might harm the battery. And if I leave it on total silent[even without vibration] then I won't hear any phone call.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Text or call, depending on who it is and what it's about. I'm not big on voicemail, whether sending or receiving. There's too much dead time. A text is preferred, if I'm on my way to a partner's house or something. That's how we usually do it around here. I have one on my phone right now, from a guy down the block: "G come by." We didn't need the whole hi-bye (or sup dog-later dude) social bit for that small amount of information to be passed on.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I prefer texting. Most of the time I just don't have enough to say to warrant a phone call. Texting is faster and more efficient.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I call my mother. Everyone else I text. I don't like having long conversations over the phone. I just send off short texts like 'when you getting here' or 'whats up with you this weekend, wanna chill?' kinda of things. Things I don't really wanna waste time phoning for. I love texts because I never feel like i'm disturbing the person, because they can ignore the text until they're actually able to read and reply to it.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Oh, I forgot the exception to the rule. Danny's voicemails are epic lulz. Nobody can rap it like the Smelster.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Texting. Like Echoes said, it's faster and most of the time I ignore phone my phone calls anyways. Haha.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Texting. Like Echoes said, it's faster and most of the time I ignore phone my phone calls anyways. Haha.
I fail to understand how texting can be faster than talking.
If you call and the other person answers, it's way faster than going to your messages options/inbox/write new message/type the message. ......
It takes years.

Ivan

Registered Member
I hate text messages, I'm too lazy about writing them. They also take much time, because you must exchange a few messages until you make an agreement about something. Also you can write much slower than you can talk.

I like phone calls the most, it's much faster, easier, direct and more concrete, so I can make an agreement through conversation with someone in a minute or two.

Last edited: