• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which of these WWE main eventers need a heel turn the most?

Who should turn heel?

• Total voters

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
We've discussed a LOT of people in the WWE main event scene getting a possible heel turn lately. More than usual, it seems.

I'd like to have a little bit of debate on what Superstar needs said heel turn the most. Why do they need it more than others? How would it be better than other choices (what unique spin does this person offer as a heel?).

Discuss. :cool:

*Note: I'm limiting the poll to those we've recently discussed in depth...if you want to discuss a heel turn from the likes of Randy Orton or Edge, click other and let us all know who and why!

I vote for John Cena. He's been a face for WAY too long, I think being a face for longer than two years is too long (and I'm stretching it pretty far). And Cena has well over shot that, he would be a great heel. Actually I think it would do WWE more good by making him turn, he's a big guy so he doesn't need a bodyguard, not too sure if giving him a manager would be good or bad, but I would be open just to see if it works or not. He doesn't even have to go back to his old rapper gimmick, it could be something fresh. Anyone on here who knows me knows I think Cena is so bland that he needs to turn or leave.

Everyone also knows I had really hoped for Cena to turn and join Nexus, but we all know that won't happen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No doubt it's John Cena, no one needs it more than him at this point. I know it would be a huge risk to take, but I've always been a firm believer of if you can turn Hulk Hogan into one of the best heels in the last twenty years then you can turn anyone into a heel.

Maybe if Cena wasn't limited on the microphone because of the TV rating and would be given the same freedom as Angle, Stone Cold and The Rock were given then he would be a more believable heel and wouldn't sound as corny, but it is what it is. Cena's character needs a big change, and the best way to do so is turn him heel, and you already know how I would do it.

HHH is better suited as heel, but I don't think we'll see him as a heel for a while, especially that he's going to feud with Sheamus for a while when he does come back.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I chose Cena as well.

My point of view with him as a face is that sometimes he's really stale, other times he's really entertaining/funny/fired up and it works well with the right opponent. It's stale for a lot of us (including me), but Cena as a face isn't the worst thing in the world. It's not stale on the level of Rey Mysterio. That's just my two cents.

I think that it's because he's such a good face, because he's at the top of the WWE and is their representative, and because he's so established that it would work well at this point. Like Biz referencing Hogan, it's the same way...it's at the point where a lot of fans would be pissed (and some happy, this day and age).

Triple H has been a heel before, so it's not as necessary or urgent. Rey Mysterio, while popular, wouldn't get the same Mega Heeldom that Johnny Cena would have. It would be the most interesting for me, personally, and it would be the best for the WWE. A huge draw, indeed. lol.

No doubt it's John Cena, no one needs it more than him at this point. I know it would be a huge risk to take, but I've always been a firm believer of if you can turn Hulk Hogan into one of the best heels in the last twenty years then you can turn anyone into a heel.

Maybe if Cena wasn't limited on the microphone because of the TV rating and would be given the same freedom as Angle, Stone Cold and The Rock were given then he would be a more believable heel and wouldn't sound as corny, but it is what it is. Cena's character needs a big change, and the best way to do so is turn him heel, and you already know how I would do it.

HHH is better suited as heel, but I don't think we'll see him as a heel for a while, especially that he's going to feud with Sheamus for a while when he does come back.
Maybe I've hit my head a few times since you've told us, but I have no idea how you would do it, please tell???

Well as for me, we know why I won't mention Rey, and I read that after Hunter's fued with Sheamus he will turn hell(that may not be true, but the site I use has never been wrong). So as of now I only see Cena getting a turn, and I agree Ruth about Hogan. Or if you can get away with Stone Cold joining Mr. Mcmahon, then you can also pull anything off.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if you'll like this since you're a Undertaker fan, but I would make Cena cost the winning streak of The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

You have Barrett vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania, then you have Nexus come out while the ref got knock down and just beat the Undertaker, Nexus leaves and it still takes a minute for the ref to get up, Barrett pins him but then he gets up after a two and half count, people go nuts and Barrett can't believe it. Then Cena comes down to the ring after a few more minutes of these guys going at each other, and everyone believe that Cena is going to give Barrett the AA, but he shocks everyone and gives it to Taker. Three count and the winning streak is over. Fans are outraged after Cena and Barrett shake hands and hug each other.

I know a lot of you don't believe the streak will ever end, but this would be the best way to turn Cena into a believable heel.

Well to be honest with you...if they made it JUST one loss then I wouldn't hate it too much, I mean it would take me a while to get over it, but I could live with it.

However I don't think the writers would ever do that, just because of how long the streak has gone on. Also I don't think they have the balls to do anything like that, but I do think it would be a good way to do it, but the only thing we would have to worry about after that is how badly would the writers screw it up.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I'm not sure if you'll like this since you're a Undertaker fan, but I would make Cena cost the winning streak of The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

You have Barrett vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania, then you have Nexus come out while the ref got knock down and just beat the Undertaker, Nexus leaves and it still takes a minute for the ref to get up, Barrett pins him but then he gets up after a two and half count, people go nuts and Barrett can't believe it. Then Cena comes down to the ring after a few more minutes of these guys going at each other, and everyone believe that Cena is going to give Barrett the AA, but he shocks everyone and gives it to Taker. Three count and the winning streak is over. Fans are outraged after Cena and Barrett shake hands and hug each other.

I know a lot of you don't believe the streak will ever end, but this would be the best way to turn Cena into a believable heel.

That would be awesome if Cena causes the Undertaker to lose at WM against Barrett. Not only will it launch Barrett's career big time, but it will also stun every fan out there. It would be funny to see all the diapers being thrown into the ring if this does happen.

I voted for Cena as well, I am just getting sick and tired of Cena being the same guy year after year, his character is pretty lame now. He needs a change and I can guarantee that it will generate ratings when he does turn heel.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I voted "Other", and therefore choosing NONE. None of the three NEED to turn any time soon, whatsoever. End of story.

Rey as a heel would be bland and stale. Cena would need to be the biggest heel in WWE history to pull it off effectively. Trips has been heel before and a heel turn for him this close to the end of his career would be careless.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I voted "Other", and therefore choosing NONE. None of the three NEED to turn any time soon, whatsoever. End of story.

Rey as a heel would be bland and stale. Cena would need to be the biggest heel in WWE history to pull it off effectively. Trips has been heel before and a heel turn for him this close to the end of his career would be careless.
With your choice of Other, do you have any other main eventers on either show that you think should go heel in the near future? Or are you just happy with the status quo, you're saying?

And why do you doubt Cena's ability to pull of being the biggest heel in WWE history? Hogan did it in WCW, so there's room for that to happen with him. And Cena's ability to be a heel has been proven in the past, on this level it would really be effective.