• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which next gen console will sell the most?

Hottest Disney Channel chick?

• Christy Carlson Romano

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Alyson Michalka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brenda Song

• Tia and Tamara Mowry

• Anneliese Van Der Pol

• Ashley Tisdale

• Hillary Duff

• Total voters

ltk9492

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
I don't think it'll be any different than the current generation of consoles, except the gap between Xbox 360 and Revolution will probably be bigger than it was for Xbox and Gamecube. 360 will probably close the gap slightly on PS3, but I think almost everyone who owned a PS2 will end up getting PS3, so there's really no way for Nintendo and Microsoft to catch up.
I wouldnt count on that, but that's just me. Especially if there are high prices and that dumb rumor is true about games registering to a system and then can't be lpayed on other systems.

I say 360 sells most, ps3, and Revolution follow.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Don't forget, Nintendo is really poised to jump into a higher slot. I don't see them settling for third at this point in time. Second at least, I belive. That is with good game support, though. We need to see a return of the second party.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
ScubaSteve said:
Don't forget, Nintendo is really poised to jump into a higher slot. I don't see them settling for third at this point in time. Second at least, I belive. That is with good game support, though. We need to see a return of the second party.
With Nintendo already sending out invites and reminders for E3, http://cube.ign.com/articles/671/671782p1.html , it is easy to tell Ninty is not fine with third and definately wants to take a stand in the race. I think they are doing a complete rebuild and alot of doubters will eventually be transformed into believers. I thought that I could not get any more excited about E3 than the last one, this one is going to be NUTTS!

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
*suddenly remembers why he doesn't buy new systems*

*besides money issues* :rolleyes:

The true test of a system is the test of time. I wonder if any of these three systems are candidates to be the next "DreamCast". Or does it look like all three are in it for the long haul?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd say they are all three in it the the long haul. They are all key players in the gaming world, and there are too many fans of each of them for any one system to fail. Sure there will be some people who switch and buy a different one. Then you have the people who buy them all, and lastly, the people who buy by the book. i.e. If it's Nintendo, they buy it. It's unfortunate though, because when the N64, PS, and Saturn were competing, the Saturn suffered. Sega tried to jumpstart the next generation by putting out the DC early on and that didn't help things.

I still think Sega could make a console return in a few years. It would be exciting to see them make another console, but they'd need to make it extra good right off the bat in order to have a triumphant return instead of looking like idiots. I think there are enough fans who would buy it if it was done right a few years from now.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Revolution > XBOX 360 > PS3

This is what I hope and also what I think it will look like. If I were to be honest, I would think that Microsofts and Sonys shameless advertising and "must have pimping" could beat Nintendo easily, as Nintendo are either not good at selling out or don't want to sell it's image out.

But I seriously think that Sony could be left behind this time, despite it's massive following and mega titles.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Revolution > XBOX 360 > PS3

sony has built up an enormous fanbase, which probably 40%+ hate microsoft. so sony will easily sell more systems. the xbox fanbase has been growing, i've noticed a lot of stricly ps2 owners get a xbox. so i think that the 360 will come in 2nd. and lastly nintendo, everyone hates them cause they claim that nintendo is "kiddie", and the rev's controller isn't helping by looking so simple.

history tends to repeat itself.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Wait wait... I thought that x > y means that x will come ahead of y, not that y would come ahead of x. Because > means "greater than". The way you talked, it seemed like you had it the other way around. So then, what exactly did I vote for? What do the choices mean? I voted xbox > revolution > PS3, intending that xbox would sell most, then rev, then PS. :confused:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
> Means greater than.. So in the above argument, Revolution is greater than XBOX 360, which is greater than PS3...

Sorry for the confusion. I will fix the poll to be more clear.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Andrew said:
I still think Sega could make a console return in a few years.
Sega doesn't.

They got out of the console business on purpose, because they couldn't afford to keep up. Besides, Sega's cash cow has always been the arcade machines, where they compete against firms like Midway-Williams and Namco. Also, Sega would have to create a new mascot. They sold the rights to Sonic the Hedgehog, and now Sonic games appear on Nintendo and Xbox. Sega could try to buy Sonic back, but that would put them farther in debt.