• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which next gen console will sell the most?

Hottest Disney Channel chick?

• Christy Carlson Romano

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Alyson Michalka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brenda Song

• Tia and Tamara Mowry

• Anneliese Van Der Pol

• Ashley Tisdale

• Hillary Duff

• Total voters

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think, with better game support, the X-Box is going to overtake the Playstation and Revo.. I picked the first option because I don't see the Playstation fanboys jumping ship until the next generation rolls around.

Pianobone

Registered Member
As much as I dislike Sony and their systems, I still think that worldwide the PS3 will sell more than the 360. Also, is it just me, or do the console-only gamers seem to prefer the Playstation. I love PC gaming and to me, the Xbox is like a PC with a game controller. It seems like people who aren't "in the know" about gaming just buy either a Playstation or a Nintendo if they're under 12.

I would be willing to stake almost everything on the fact the Nintendo will still trail behind the other two. Have you guys seen the Revolution controller? LMAO! That thing screams Japan-techno-innovation more than anything I've ever seen. Call me old fashioned, but I like to play my games with controllers, not DVD remotes. Just because of that one feature, I will virtually guarantee that Nintendo loses, or will quickly come up with another first party controller that is more traditional.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
you must not have read the Revolution controller topic!

There will still be a 'standard' type controller with the revolution... and the fact that they will offer a different style of games along with regular types of games is a good rather than bad thing... People also said things like that about the DS... "2 screens and a stylus will utterly fail" "what are they thinking" ... the DS is outselling the PSP!!

Pianobone

Registered Member
Well, that's good that Nintendo will offer a traditional controller. And it's obvious to me why the DS is outselling the PSP. First of all, (correct me if I'm wrong) but the DS is backwards compatable with old Gameboy games. The PSP is not. And the PSP costs something like $249(?) while the DS is about $149 (?).

I could be wrong on those facts, but that's what strikes me as someone who hasn't really investigated it.

I still think Sony will outsell MS on this generation. Also, I had a thought here, and I want to be careful how I word it as not to offend anyone, but it seems to me that minorities buy the PS2 more than Xbox. I'm not trying to make any racial statements by saying that. I am white and I have an Xbox. I know a good number of people that are African American, Latino, Asian, etc... but they all seem to gravitate towards the PS2. Like I said, I don't want to infer anything, but I'd be interested to know what the demographics are as far as what races buy what systems and how MS, Sony and Nintendo try to market themselves to different ethnicities.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The DS isn't backwards-compatble with classic Game Boy games, I belive. I thinjk one of he big points for DS selling better is that it's a whole $100 cheaper than the PSP. Don't forget Nintendo is still selling Game Boys, too.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Pianobone said:
it seems to me that minorities buy the PS2 more than Xbox.
Maybe it has something to do with all the rappers on Cribs showing off their PS2s. It's kinda sad how people are influenced by stuff like that.

Samus, do you honestly believe that Revolution is going to be the best-selling next gen console? It's one thing to think that it might catch up a little bit, but to outsell PS3? I think there's like a 0.0001% chance of that happening, at best. There's just too much ground for Nintendo to make up.

Albey

Registered Member
I think they will sell reletivly closly the same... PS3 will be big i know that.. and so will xbox 360.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
While it may not be realistic, I have a strong belief that this could be the best selling Nintendo console ever. For someone who likes playing classics, and not paying out the yinyang for some of those classics off ebay.

I bet you 10 to 1 that it will outsell all other consoles in Japan, why because they love that quirky stuff... It will probably take time to sell in NA and other regions. Besides Nintendo is always #1 to me, but I believe they can actually pull it off this time.

thrillhouse22

THRILLHO
I'm personally a Nintendo fanboy, so I will be getting Revolution. I would also like a 360 though. I don't give 2 shits about PS3. I think Nintendo will be breaking more ground than the other two in terms of expanding the horizons of video games.