PlayStation 3 Which Metal Gear Solid game is the best?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Damo, Nov 21, 2008.

?

Which Metal Gear Solid game did you like best?

1. Metal Gear Solid 1

50.0%
  2. Metal Gear Solid 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Metal Gear Solid 3

50.0%
  4. Metal Gear Solid 4

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Damo

Damo Registered Member

I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan, I've got all the games besides Integral and MGS2:SoL (I traded it in stupidly, but still have Substance).

I'd like your opinions on which Metal Gear Solid game you guys all liked best out of the series, personally I like them all, but the best ones are MGS1 and 3. I spent $750 to buy a PS3 just for MGS4 and while it is a great game, it still feels like it has something missing compared to all the others.

Metal Gear Solid 1 was where it all started (Not counting MG1 and MG2:SS), it was a great game for its time and probably the best ever on the PSX, the music was awesome, the storyline was awesome and it started a new Genre of games and put Konami on the map. Awesome weapons like the Famas, Socom and gave birth to the mighty cardboard box! All of these are famous MGS weapons.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was alright, but I was angry about having to play as Raiden, but then I realised that you get to see Solid Snake from another point of view and how professional it makes him look, so it wasn't all bad. This is where Harry-Gregson Williams came in for the music, a famous Hollywood music composer who worked on films like Armageddon.

Metal Gear Solid 3 was awesome, playing as Big Boss in his time, in a jungle somewhere in Russia, the atmosphere and the music were great. In Subsistance you got access to the 3rd person view camera instead of fixed above and it made the game so different. The storyline was excellent.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was very good, so many weapons and you could choose whether or not you actually played the game as a stealth tactical shooter or not (You could also in the other games but not to this degree). The storyline was great and it had a really sad ending which made me nearly cry, with the best boss fights in any MGS game I have ever played.
    The Metal Gear Rex vs Ray fight and the last fight Solid vs Liquid on top of Outer Haven was freakin awesome

The poll is multiple choise and public, you can see who voted for what.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008

2. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Metal Gear Solid 3 for me. Nothing makes you feel like more of a badass than jumping out of bushes in camouflage to slice a guy's throat. Plus, unlike 2, it was able to stay away from bad writing and plot "twists" which are more like "sharp turns on a mountain road without a guardrail in the middle of December".

I haven't played Metal Gear Solid 4 yet, simply because I don't have a Playstation 3.

3. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I have enjoyed Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 the most. I mean the new one is probably better but the memories I have with that one are way better. The only one in the series I have beaten five times too lol.

4. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I have played 1 and 4 but not 2 and 3. I didnt get a PS2 and just got a PS3 so I need to play the other two games before making an ultimate decision. For the sake of right now i'll pick the 4th game. 1 was revolutionary and I loved it but i'll take 4 on this one.

5. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I went for 1 + 3. Metal gear solid was ground breaking on the ps1 and I played it through loads! The second one was also great but the snooker loopy plot puts me off it a bit. The third one scraped a lot of that and injected some new heart into the series. I'm yet to play 4 but roll on christmas :D

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

1 and 4 where my favorites, the story line's did it for me, I got into it so deeply, 4 was an emotional roller coaster of a game lol.

7. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

2 is still worth a play in my opinion. A lot of people were pissed off due to Raiden and the absolutely batshit plot, but the gameplay itself is still solid.

However there is simply no reason not to play 3.:D

8. Greywolf

Greywolf Registered Member

Metal Gear Solid 3 was one of the best for me, but personally, the number one is more classic in my eyes.

9. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Ultimately it was the best for last, I think Kojima wanted to do a MGS game with somewhat of a Syphon Filter/Splinter Cell style gameplay while not completely killing off the stealth element. It was a great last ride, but I'll admit that 3 still comes incredibly close to it. Just goes to show how it's one of the greatest series ever, at least in my book.