PPV Which match will/should be last?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I thought I'd create a separate Wrestlemania discussion because I feel this is important to discuss and I dont want it to get lost in the official thread.

They are really hyping the hell out of the Undertaker/HBK match up and for damn good reason. When was the last time a non-championship match went on LAST at Wrestlemania? Probably been awhile without me thinking harder on it.

Whereas I'd love it for Jericho and Edge to go on last I think Taker/HBK SHOULD go on last. I know the Rumble winner is supposed to be last but I just think Taker/HBK deserve to go on last. I remember last year after their 30 minute marathon match was over I was out of breathe and worn out. The World and WWE title matches just didnt even seem that good after watching their match.

So my vote is for the Streak vs Career match to go last.

Thoughts?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I believe the last match will be Cena vs Batista but that's just me.

I think Jericho vs Edge is going to the best match of the night and I believe it should go on last. Yes they've been hyping the HBK/Undertaker match, but we've seen that match last year and it's going to be more of the same in my opinion. Edge vs Jericho is fresh and would be an extremely entertaining match to close out the best Pay Per View of the year.

3. Millz

Cena and Batista? I don't see that happening.

Like I said, everyone was worn out after Taker/HBK last year. So much so that nobody cared about the rest of the card. I think McMahon and company realize that and will put it last. Just because the match happened last year is meaningless IMO. This is this year and there's more on the line.

4. Babe_Ruth

Personally I don't see it happening, yes there's huge things on the line in this match, and they've been hyping it so much but I don't see it as the main event. It will either be Batista vs Cena(they've been hyping this one just as much as the Undertaker/Shawn Michaels match) or Edge vs Jericho since Edge won the Rumble and chose his opponent for Mania.

5. Millz

I was doing some research on the Royal Rumble winner and where their match was on the Wrestlemania card.

Wrestlemania 25: Orton's match was last
    Wrestlemania 24: Cena's match was NOT last
    Wrestlemania 23: Undetaker's match was NOT last
    Wrestlemania 22: Rey Mysterio's match was NOT last
    Wrestlemania 21: Batist'a match was last

My point is that just because you win the Royal Rumble doesn't mean you'll go on last. It depends what the WWE brass think is the most important. I guess since Batista/Cena is on RAW that they'll think its more important.

Although its not more important then Taker/HBK.

6. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I would like the Taker/HBK match to go last, they have been hyping this up for a good while now and I personally think that it's something that would end Wrestlemania rather nicely. Though either of the championship matches would be good as a finale as well.

7. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

It should be Taker/HBK.

I think it's a 50/50 shot whether it's them or Cena/Batista.

8. Babe_Ruth

I hate how they're hyping this to be the be the biggest match in the history of Wrestlemanis.

On the top of my head I can think of a few bigger matches:

-Warrior/Hogan
    -Hogan/The Rock
    -Hogan/Andre the Giant

Don't get me wrong it's a big match, but this match doesn't even compare to the ones I just listed.

9. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I think it's just as big as at least 2 of those. Not Hogan/Andre, but tied with the others.

10. Babe_Ruth

How so?

Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan was huge, face facing another face, two biggest stars in the Wrestling World at that point and time, Title vs Title. You don't get bigger than that in my opinion.

Also The Rock vs Hogan is a dream match up that no one taught they would ever see.

I guess is just difference of opinion.

I'm curious to see what Millz thinks about this, especially Hogan vs Warrior.