Which language is most difficult to learn?

i think the Arabic language is extremely difficult to learn
because it has difficult grammar ..

nice topic :]

lonely

Registered Member
when i learn ENGLISH in UK theTeacher say "English is difficult language when you like to learn this you need learn many words " <== not exactly what he say it is same

for that i think ENG ISdifficult to learn and i tray to learn this language but i can't learn good

ps :
sorry if i wrote any thing wrong .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's Polish with it's mad grammar - I'm Pole but there are many weird things in my language that I can't understand. So every Friday my grammar teacher gives us about 5 worst grades (in my country "1" is the worst but I don't know how about you..)for a lesson;]
and probably Chinese and languages with these odd characters.
Btw sorry for my English but I hope you'll be able to understand me.

Sim

Registered Member
I think it's Polish with it's mad grammar - I'm Pole but there are many weird things in my language that I can't understand. So every Friday my grammar teacher gives us about 5 worst grades (in my country "1" is the worst but I don't know how about you..)for a lesson;]
and probably Chinese and languages with these odd characters.
Btw sorry for my English but I hope you'll be able to understand me.
Agreed ... I can't say anything about Chinese or Arabic, but when I look at those languages which I learnt/am learning as foreign languages, Polish is easily the hardest.

English is much easier than French or Polish. At least it's easy to learn decent English, to learn perfect English may be very difficult. In comparison, it's very, very difficult to learn decent Polish -- the grammar is much more complicated than in French or German (English grammar is a joke anyway -- hardly any flection at all, just the many different tenses are a bit tricky).

In the Polish language, there are 7 cases and 5 genders -- and different pronouns depending on the location within the sentence structure. And an aspect system of verbs (think of it as a very special tense) where there is no way to conclude from one form of the verb to the other, so you effectively have to learn two Polish words for each verb.