Which jobber

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's a lot of jobbers in Wrestling today, which one do you think deserves a push?

For me it's Jamie Noble, I think he's really talented in the ring, he's good on the microphone. I know he's not a big guy, and WWE doesn't have a cruserweight division anymore. But I think he deserves a shot.

I would also say Santino, but he's so damn funny. I like how the WWE are using him right now.

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

There are so many extremely talented wrestlers who spend almost their whole careers as jobbers. Noble being one of them, and Funaki being another personal favourite. I've always wanted to see him get some sort of a push, and i was hoping one was gonna come with his Kung Fu Naki gimmick, but i don't think it's ever gonna happen.

The problem is, once WWE turns these wrestlers into novelty act jobbers, it's almost impossible to give them a serious push. The same happened to Goldust when they turned him from the Bizarre One (one of my favourite wrestlers ever) to the stuttering, 'comedy' act he is now. He's still one of the most talented, unique wrestlers around, but the fans would never accept Goldust as a serious competitor (or at least the fans who only know the new Goldust won't. Which would be the majority of WWE live audiences).

I can't really think of any pure jobbers that i think could have successful pushes, but as for mid-carders i'd like to see Dolph Ziggler get a main event level push. Rumour is, a feud between him and the Undertaker is planned for when he returns. Hopefully it's true! :D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  3. Babe_Ruth

Goldust is a good choice as well, I as well think he's one of talented wrestlers on the roster. But they keep making him a big joke. They could easily make a storyline for him with Cody being on Raw, but they don't seem to care for it.

I would love to see Ziggler get a feud with The Undertaker, it could really elevate his career.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah i was so psyched around the time of the Royal Rumble last year when it seemed like a feud was gonna start between Rhodes and Goldust. They started it really well, but then they just dropped it. I think they really missed the ball on that one. Not only would it have been great to see Goldust as a serious wrestler in a proper feud again, but it would have been great to have such an experienced superstar help put Rhodes over.

5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I reckon Kane deserves a push. Yes I would put him in the jobber category because for the past 4 or 5 years he has been treated like a pussy.

6. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

Funaki for sure, the simple fact that he's stuck it out getting his ass kicekd for so many years shows just how hard working and loyal he is.

Dolf Ziggler is starting to impress me, except WHY THE FUCK is he in a feud with The Great Khali?

I would love Ziggler to be doing stuff with someone who can keep up with him, possibly MVP or Shelton?

Maybe not MVP because I want him in the main event (Edge vs MVP PLEASE).

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Noble is my answer as well...he's a legit talent and is great on the mic yet they never give him a chance to showcase himself...its a shame

I dont consider Ziggler a jobber at this point but he might be the next guy haha

8. Babe_Ruth

I dont understand why some of you chose Funaki. To be honest with you guys he's pretty plain in the ring. He can do a few good moves that might excite, but I just believe it would be pointless to give this guy a push. No one really takes him seriously in my opinion. Maybe that's because of what the WWE have done with him through out his career.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Funaki is just ok...I agree with MJ here. There is some talent there but how high would you expect him to go? IC title? I think thats a stretch.

He was good in Kaientai...he's maybe tag title worthy but thats it

10. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

I don't mean give him a main event push but he deserves more then just being a meat bag, give him a chance as IC Champion. He deserves it.