• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multi-Console Which is better, Mario or Sonic?

Bcatz3

Registered Member
I love both of these games a lot however sonic has always been my favorite. I started playing Sonic when I was very young. I played it on my Sega Genesis all the time. My favorite character was Tails in sonic. Do you prefer Mario Or Luigi? Sonic or Tails?

dDave

V.I.P.
Ah, a timeless classic gaming debate.

I'd put it like this.

Sidescrollers - As much as I love Mario, Sonic has a clear edge here.

Open 3D world - Mario. Sonic's high speed aspect just didn't work out well with the 3-D thing. It's a lot easier to control and feels faster on a two dimensional plane.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I liked Sonic, but never was a huge fan. I'd have to go with Mario. Super Mario 64 is better than any Sonic game. I loved the hell out of some of the Mario games when I was a kid.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I feel like this should be a poll. As I like what I have played of both games, but I'm going to go for Mario now just because I've played a lot more of his games than Sonic ones.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll go with Mario. Sonic was great, and I had a lot of fun playing the first three games but he's got nothing on Mario. Super Mario Bros. 3 & Mario Kart 64 are just too tough to beat.

Bcatz3

Registered Member
I feel like this should be a poll. As I like what I have played of both games, but I'm going to go for Mario now just because I've played a lot more of his games than Sonic ones.
It would have been a poll but I forgot that you could make polls. I won't forget next time!

dDave

V.I.P.
It would have been a poll but I forgot that you could make polls. I won't forget next time!
You can add a poll by going to the top of any thread you've created and selecting the "Thread Tools" dropdown menu. There should be an option to add a poll. Steve can show it to you I'm sure.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am sure an S-Mod can add a poll for you. Get your other half on that!

Sonic was the first game I ever played when I got my Mega Drive, so it's safe to say it was love at fight sight. I never had a Nintendo, nor was I too fussed about that. I did like Donkey Kong which I played at my friend's house, but I could not get in to Mario.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I love Sonic, but I would go with Mario. Mario is more versatile and has many different types of games attached to his name.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really liked Sonic but I really only played one game.

So its gotta be Mario for me. I played the hell out of those games when I was a kid.