• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which Holidays do you celebrate?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Which holidays do you celebrate? Be it a gathering with family, or go out somewhere to celebrate. Also, birthdays can be included. For me, it goes as follows:

Christmas
Christmas Eve
New Year’s Eve
New Year’s
Birthday
Easter(just dinner with Family)
St Paddy’s Day(Yes, I consider it a holiday)
Canada Day
Victoria Day(Almost every year)

I’m sure I may be missing one or two, but those are the ones on the top of my head.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Christmas, Christmas Eve, New Year's (New Year's Eve with friends), Easter, Mother & Father's Day as well as Thanksgiving in family.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh ya, I forgot to add Halloween(didn't celebrate last year) but I usually always go to a Halloween party, and I go to my brother's in-laws for Thanksgiving. Never celebrated with my parents.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I suppose the only one I really 'celebrate' nowadays is 'Christmas', which I celebrate for the Winter Solstice, since winter is my favorite season (would be nice if the season would ever happen again.)

I suppose I celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day, too, for my parents. I like the idea of Thanksgiving, but getting the family together and eating tends to happen on Christmas, not Thanksgiving.

I don't celebrate Easter since I hate Spring and am not Christian. Aside from cute bunnies and chocolate there's nothing positive I can associate with that holiday. lol. Halloween is just not tasteful, IMO. Dressing up is fun, but all of the disturbing decorations I can do without. New Year's celebrations I don't really take part in because I'm not a partier. I think that covers all of the big holidays?

Konshentz

Konshentz
You hate Spring? Interesting. That may be the first time I have ever heard/read that. Haha.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
You hate Spring? Interesting. That may be the first time I have ever heard/read that. Haha.
It really amazes me that anyone actually likes it, to be honest. If you live somewhere that has actual winters, where Spring means going from not even hitting freezing every day (or even below 0 F) to nice pleasant days with highs in the 40s, 50s, and 60s, then I might understand... But where I live that weather happens during the winter, and by the time Spring hits on the calendar it's hitting the 80s the majority of the time. It's hot, it's miserable, there are bugs, there are severe thunderstorms with the threat of tornadoes, etc.

I hate Spring so much, I hate it even more than Summer. At leas Summer is supposed to be hot.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It really amazes me that anyone actually likes it, to be honest. If you live somewhere that has actual winters, where Spring means going from not even hitting freezing every day (or even below 0 F) to nice pleasant days with highs in the 40s, 50s, and 60s, then I might understand... But where I live that weather happens during the winter, and by the time Spring hits on the calendar it's hitting the 80s the majority of the time. It's hot, it's miserable, there are bugs, there are severe thunderstorms with the threat of tornadoes, etc.

I hate Spring so much, I hate it even more than Summer. At leas Summer is supposed to be hot.
I don't mind spring. It rains a lot, but it helps to melt the snow which is nice because we get a lot here during our winters. And the weather is usually mild around this time.