Which ERA?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Baseball as been around for over 100 years, there's been some incredible players in those magnificent era's. If you had the chance to witness an ERA which one it be and why? Please list year to year e.g. 1956-1979

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the one I'd want to see the most is Dead Ball era because it sounds like the game was so much different then. I'd also get a chance to see Cy Young, Christy Mathewson, Nap Lajoie, Honus Wagner and the such.

The game I see today is like most of the eras to pick from. I'd love to see the early years the most.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dead ERA would be an interesting one to watch, just because the ball was so much different then the following ERA's. Players didn't hit much home runs, they relied on getting on the scored by playing a good strategic game of baseball.

I think this shouldn't come to any surprise to anyone, but I would love to see the Babe Ruth ERA which was from around 1918-1936. I would love to see this guy play a game of baseball, either hitting a monster home run over five hundred feet, or dominating batters as a pitcher. You also have the great Lou Gehrig in that ERA, who is my second favorite player of all time.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think my era would consist of anywhere from 1901 to the 30's or so...is that too long haha.

Seeing Babe, Hornsby and Gehrig would be so awesome