Which boxer?

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Which boxer that you've never seen live or on television(not tapes) would you like to see and please tell me why you'd love to see him over anyone else.

2. Southpaw

Southpaw Registered Member

Any fights involving Jack Broughton, Daniel Mendoza, Jem Belcher, Tom Cribb.. All legends of bare knuckle, & before film was invented.. I think it would be fascinating to actually be able to see how they performed & what they endured..

3. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I was thinking about Cribb myself, the whole bare knuckle era is something that interests me, guys going 30 or 40 rounds just sounds so unbelivable.

4. Southpaw

Southpaw Registered Member

It's where it all started back in England, during the mid 1700's.. It wasn't long before American pioneers such as Tom Molineaux & Jacob Hyer came over to challenge for honors.. By the 1800's there was an unofficial world title, but no weight classes.. One particularly brutal encounter was John Heenan who was the best in America came over & battled Tom Sayers for this title.. The fight ended in a bloody draw after 20 odd rounds, when the crowd joined in!

5. Ylem

Ylem Registered Member

I second mendoza it would have to be mendoza vs humphreys. probably the one where humphres grabs mendozs hair and beats him about the head. you know thats why they allways had their head shaved it was legal.

you do know the round set up was diffrent back then 20 30 40 50 rounds was still a long time but maybe only an hour or 2

might want to see kilrain vs sullivan 75 rounds but it was only a 2 hour match but still a 2 hour match