• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which belt means the most?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Of all the belts that are traded in the world of wrestling including, WWE, TNA, ROH and NWA which do you feel holds the most prestige? Most would say the World Heavyweight Championship I think but I am not sure it can be called that given that its never defended outside of the US. I always had more of a soft spot of the Intercontinental Championship, I am not sure why I just felt it was a very prestigious title that was very much as discussed before a "earning your stripes" title. I don't follow ROH or NWA nearly as much so don't know about the titles there and since Hulk and Bishoff have come in I am kinda the same with TNA but I used to love the X-Division.

Bosox04

Registered Member
GREAT TOPIC!

I'll preface this by saying this won't be the popular opinion...

1. WWE Championship
The #1 company with the largest tallent pool.
2. World Heavyweight Championship/WCW Championship
I would have had more respect for this championship had it not been handed to David Arquette. That really turned me off, not to mention is the easy second by logic. WCW was bought by Vince McMahon, therefore his championship holds higher.

(I have always been a proponent of a Raw Champion, Smackdown Champion, and an Undisputed/Company wide champion.)

3. Intercontinental Title
The WWE product is so much further advanced than any other company that even the highest title elsewhere isn't up to the prestige level of WWE.

Let's put it this way...what titles did the major names in TNA hold in thier prime? With the exception of Kurt Angle (who you could argue split his prime between WWE and TNA) anyone that has held a title with both companies has been in thier prime while holding a WWE/WCW title.

Sting-WCW title
RVD-ECW, WWE
Hogan-WWE and WCW
Flair-WWE, WCW
Nash-WWE, WCW
(Not gonna lie, I'm not sure if the last three have held the TNA title)

Now, if you argue that the NWA title is the same as the TNA title, then you can argue that Flair held the title in his prime...but to be honest, they truly are two completely different titles.

Another argument is Jeff Hardy, however I'm not sure he should be talked about in the same sentence as the above...accented by his latest blunder.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I find that currently, the WWE Championship means the most... the WHC has lost its prestige while on Smackdown. If it goes back to Raw, which it could, it would benefit both causes equally.

My list...
1- WWE Championship
2- WHC
3- ROH Championship
4- TNA Tag Team Championship

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it's gotta be the WWE title. The World title as we know it right now doesn't even carry the WCW title history so that DQ's it IMO.

The WWE title has a ton of history. I think the only title you could make a case for is the NWA title.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree with Millz' opinion when just looking at WWE's two heavyweight belts.

And in my opinion, getting rid of the history was stupid for the sake of the WHC's prestige...and didn't really have a point.

The U.S. title is acknowledged for its history (even though it's not treated that way all the time), why shouldn't the WHC be given the same nod?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree with Millz' opinion when just looking at WWE's two heavyweight belts.

And in my opinion, getting rid of the history was stupid for the sake of the WHC's prestige...and didn't really have a point.

The U.S. title is acknowledged for its history (even though it's not treated that way all the time), why shouldn't the WHC be given the same nod?
It probably will be... and has for the most part, since they started mentioning WCW again.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It probably will be... and has for the most part, since they started mentioning WCW again.
They got rid of the old history really recently, though...less than a year ago I think? Why would they start acknowledging it again? I don't think they've ignored WCW, really, either.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
They got rid of the old history really recently, though...less than a year ago I think? Why would they start acknowledging it again? I don't think they've ignored WCW, really, either.
I don't remember very many mentions of WCW straight up on WWE TV up until this year... might just be me not being observant.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was a different circumstance with the World title though. The WCW title was dissolved when they made the undisputed championship.

So when Bishoff brought that design back it was a completely new belt even though it appeared to be the WCW title.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It was a different circumstance with the World title though. The WCW title was dissolved when they made the undisputed championship.

So when Bishoff brought that design back it was a completely new belt even though it appeared to be the WCW title.
That makes sense on paper but didn't they acknowledge the history of it for years after that? Why should it matter, then?