• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which athlete would you like to see portrayed?

BigBob

Registered Member
There's 2 that come to mind right away.

Allen Iverson.

The 30 for 30 they had on him was just great, and I would love to see a full length movie made about his life.

Brett Favre.

There would be so much to cover on this. All the records, the night his father died, the night his (half?) brother died. The retirements. The Super Bowl. I just think there's so much you could do with a Favre movie.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I agree, Ted Lindsay would make a terrific movie.

I'd like to see one on Iverson too, that 30 for 30 was great, but it would have to be done right. I think one on Iverson could get real one-dimension and not be as interesting as it could be.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Brett Favre.

There would be so much to cover on this. All the records, the night his father died, the night his (half?) brother died. The retirements. The Super Bowl. I just think there's so much you could do with a Favre movie.
I agree, you could make a two and a half hour movie and still have to cut some of it out. Haha.

I'd definitely watch it.

Dabs

Registered Member
Michael Jordan, without a doubt.
Even thru a divorce, he and his wife maintained dignity in front of cameras, he had respect for those around him, not only was/is he a great sports player...but he's an awesome team player as well as role model.
Everybody messes up.....some sports stars do illegal gambling, dog fighting, cheating scandals, sexting naughty pictures......but with MJ.....no matter what, he still had class.
He also had one of the largest divorces ever paid out in sports history, but hey.....you didn't really see him whining about it in the tabloids.
He and his wife couldn't make it work, so they split, after their children were well grown.
I remember watching Michael Jordan and the Bulls and that famous music....evey time they came on the air when my sons were smaller.
God they loved MJ and the Bulls.
He just seems like a nice, genuine character, with his good or bad....and if he did make a real good movie, he should play himself!
Why not??
You sure aren't going to be able to get anyone else to do some of those smooth air moves :)
Speaking of MJ.....I read not long ago, that he said if he was playing basketball today, and with the way the games are now, he could easily score 100 points in one game, anyone else hear that??
The most points he scored in one game was 69.