Which athlete would you like to see portrayed?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's been a movie about Babe Ruth, Brian Piccolo/Gale Sayers, Jim Thorpe ect.

If you had to see a movie about a certain athlete who would it be and which actor would you like to portray him?

It's hard to choose since a lot of athletes already have movies about them, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Wilt Chamberlain movie. Talk about his career, his personal life, his death and his other athletic abilities.

Now it's hard for me to choose an actor to portray him, so I'd leave at that for now.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
There never was a biopic about Micheal Jordon. I'd like to see one that told the story from his eyes and as he saw everything.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There was a few Michael Jordan movies, but nothing really serious. There was a recent 30 for 30 on Michael Jordan.

I wouldn't mind seeing myself. I've been reading a lot on Jordan recently, and I really want to know the story behind him leaving the NBA for a couple of years. I've read that Jordan was such in gambling problems that Stern told him to leave the NBA for a few years. Now some people deny this whole thing, and I have a hard time believing it myself, but I want to know if there's any truth behind it.

Michael Vick.

I would be interested in seeing a movie based on his life. Sure, it'd be better in 5-10 years, but he's got some interesting stuff as of right now. Haha.

What actor would play him..... hmmmm.... that's a tough one.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Although not completely an athlete, I would love to see a movie done on John McGraw, the old manager of the New York Giants (he did play ball before that). Having done some research on baseball history, I was always fascinated by any story about McGraw. I think he would make an awesome biopic.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That would be a great movie, I've done some research on McGraw myself and he's a very fascinating human being. I'm surprised they haven't made anything about him though. He's one of the greatest managers of all-time, you can make argument of him being the best.

konboye

Registered Member
LeRun James, and it should be something about how he made the "decision" or the story that led to it, how he got "pussified". If its explored in the right way, it will; be a hit.

Cheyron

Registered Member
I'd like to see a movie based on a rugby league player who died recently, Terry Newton.

I guess more boxer-based movies? Or movies based on people who changed a certain sport in a certain point in time.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'd love to see a movie about Ted Lindsay and his efforts to organize the players. I can't think right now who I'd like to see play him, though.

Also I think a movie about Brett Hull could be good, growing up in his father's shadow and being told he'd never make it, then breaking into the 700 club. That would make a good movie, but again I can't think who might play him. Keifer Sutherland maybe.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Both great selections Jeanie, I've always been more of a fan of Ted Lindsay then Gordie Howe. I would definitely like to watch a film of his life before hockey/during hockey and after retirement. It could be very good.

Never was a huge fan of Hull, but a film of him would be interesting since he was quite the character, still is till this day. It would be interesting to see what he did off the ice, I'm sure he was quite the party animal during his playing days.