• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Which actor portrayed Batman/Bruce Wayne the best

Which Actor portrayed Batman/Bruce Wayne the best?

• Michael Keaton

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm going to leave Adam West and the other actors that portrayed Batman before him out of this. So here are the actors that portrayed Batman:

Michel Keaton
Val Kilmer
George Clooney
Christian Bale

In your opinion, who portrayed Batman/Bruce Wayne the best. A lot of people believe that the last three Batman were the best because of the storyline, but when making a decision, please only choose the best on how good his performance was as Batman/Bruce Wayne, not on how good you liked the movie.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I had to go with Christian Bale on this one. In my opinion he was the better Batman and Bruce Wayne than any of the others thus far. He made Bruce Wayne a more believable fake playboy, and IMO played Bruce Wayne instead of just a random rich guy. As Batman, he was a darker more shadowy figure as Batman should be.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I voted for Christian Bale as well. I think he was a better Bruce Wayne. The Batman part, I'm kind of iffy on because I think Michael Keaton did an equally awesome job on the character... and he was a bit more true to the comic books. So, Michael Keaton would've been my second choice.

Val Kilmer and George Clooney were a joke.

Bramaca

Registered Member
I actually liked Clooney as Batman the best it's amazingly hard to get over how terrbile of a movie it was that he was in. Right guy for Batman just at the exact wrong time.

TORHABSFAN

1. Keaton
2. Bale
3. Guy From the OnStar commercial
4. Clooney
5. West
6. Kids on Holloween
7. anyone who has ever put on a batman mask
8. Sheldon Cooper when he said I'm Batman on Big Bang Theory to prove anyone could be batman
9. A pile of Poop
10. Val Kilmer

KempNotMerged

This is tough for me, because I'm not fully impressed by anyone who has portrayed Batman.

With Michael Keaton, I was too aware that I was watching Michael Keaton. I like Keaton, but I need to be made to forget I'm watching an actor to appreciate what I'm watching.

With Val Kilmer, same thing, but worse. However, Batman Forever was a terrible movie anyway, so it doesn't help his case.

With George Clooney, he pulls off the 'Billionaire playboy' aspect of Bruce Wayne better than anyone else, because he comes off that way in real life, but as Batman, it just felt like Halloween. Also, again, he was in a terrible movie.

With Christian Bale, it's kinda the opposite. As Bruce Wayne, all I see is the guy from American Psycho. As Batman, his darker approach definitely beats the others for me, although the raspy voice he used for it sounded cheesy.

I don't think I'm too difficult to please, but I also don't think they should be casting established celebrities to portray our superheros. They need to start casting unknowns so we can be more immersed in the character instead of "look, it's so-and-so as this character". Mind you, that didn't work for the last Superman. But that's because Superman is boring. Batman is cool.