• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Where was Obama during Benghazi?

dDave

V.I.P.
Here's an interesting question that hasn't been answered yet.

WH spokesperson stumped: Where was Obama on night of Benghazi attack? – Glenn Beck

The story about where Obama was during Benghazi has gone from absolutely no contact to "he was in touch."

Beck believes that this is all tied to a gun running scandal and forces weren't sent in because they didn't want to have any witnesses.

Thoughts?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've actually read a theory that this was a botched plan to have Stevens taken hostage so the administration can exchange the Blind Shiek for him, that way he's released without just releasing him outright.

These theories are far fetched to me including this gun running theory, but hell, anything is possible.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Since Beck launched his news site, he's attracted some deep sources. I think his source is right about the gun running. Its just a matter of time before a whistleblower steps forward, I think.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I hadn't really thought about what the President was doing during Benghazi until I heard Krauthammer lay it out: Krauthammer: Biggest Scandal of All Is What the President Was Doing for 8 Hours? - YouTube
But five hours in he calls the Secretary of State. And after the phone call she releases a statement essentially about the video and how we denounce any intolerance. It looks as if the only phone call is to construct a cover story at a time when the last two Americans who died were still alive and fighting for their lives. There's the scandal and that has to be uncovered."
I've got 2 nephews in combat. Its sad to think the administration would let them die rather than get them help if it was politically expedient. Just like Fast and Furious, if a few eggs have to be broke to make a point, so be it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What is weird about the whole thing is the website for the Cairo embassy posted a statement apologizing for the video before the attack ever happened. It seems they knew something might happen, looked for a scapegoat in case it did, then ran with it.

Those that talk about embassies attacked before are missing the point, the point is who gave the stand down order and why didn't the commander-in-chief do everything he could to assist that night.

dDave

V.I.P.
What is weird about the whole thing is the website for the Cairo embassy posted a statement apologizing for the video before the attack ever happened. It seems they knew something might happen, looked for a scapegoat in case it did, then ran with it.

Those that talk about embassies attacked before are missing the point, the point is who gave the stand down order and why didn't the commander-in-chief do everything he could to assist that night.
I'm still in shock that the administration was able to fool so many people into believing it was a video that caused all the offense in the first place.

It was quite honestly offensive to me that the administration thought that Americans are so stupid. Unfortunately they turned out to be right, a lot of Americans believed it.

Wade8813

Registered Member
It doesn't really surprise me. A lot of people accept things like that without thinking about it, a lot of people are stupid, and a lot of people wanted to believe it.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm still in shock that the administration was able to fool so many people into believing it was a video that caused all the offense in the first place.

It was quite honestly offensive to me that the administration thought that Americans are so stupid. Unfortunately they turned out to be right, a lot of Americans believed it.
Dave that's so true. Follow me on this: Every time there's a terrorist attack, these clowns get in front of the press and beg Americans to not lash out against Muslims, even though we never have. Now I looked back at the original thread and a lot of us believed it and were astonished that people in the Middle East would actually protest over a stupid video that nobody had ever seen.

So my point is this. If anybody is encouraging Americans to have animosity towards Muslims its the people that lied and basically said "Hey those Muslims are sooooo stupid that one of them saw a video made by a bunch of 8th graders and he got really pissed because it made fun of his religion and he got hundreds of other stupid Muslims together and fired up and they went out and killed a bunch of Americans."

I mean the reason they attacked may have not been rational and may have been just as ridiculous, but still.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
:lol:
I've actually read a theory that this was a botched plan to have Stevens taken hostage so the administration can exchange the Blind Shiek for him, that way he's released without just releasing him outright.

These theories are far fetched to me including this gun running theory, but hell, anything is possible.
You're the first person I heard this from. Now Al-Queda is claiming this was the reason for trying to take Stevens: Al Qaeda weapons expert: U.S. ambassador to Libya killed by lethal injection - Washington Times

Its still a maybe, but it is coming from Al-Queda.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.