• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Where I Come From

Dabs

Registered Member
How proud are you of where you come from??
It could be your ancestry, maybe you're Greek, German, Swedish, etc?? Does your background play a big part of your life??
Or what about where you live now...are you proud to be living where you are now??
Are you proud to be born where you were born??
I know some people tell me they hate where they were born or where they grew up, and so it made me curious.
Me, I love being an ole Tennesssean :) I think it's the greatest state ever! But my ancestry is German and Greek. Altho I don't know much about either, my Mother was proud to be Greek, so I'm happy with that.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I know little to nothing of where I was born. I was born in Hong Kong and my parents moved back to the UK before I was three and have never been back, as much as I would like to go back it doesn't bother me that I haven't. As for where I mainly lived I really can't stand it, it is a very small town with a small town mentality and as a result I only go back if I have too.

stripes

Registered Member
I've moved around a lot. I'm not someone who holds pride in where I come from, but I'm always proud of where I am right now. The moment I move somewhere, that's my new 'where I come from' and it's everything to me. I might be settling more now, I think, but if I moved again I'm sure that new place would be everything to me again.

Dabs

Registered Member
I've moved around a lot. I'm not someone who holds pride in where I come from, but I'm always proud of where I am right now. The moment I move somewhere, that's my new 'where I come from' and it's everything to me. I might be settling more now, I think, but if I moved again I'm sure that new place would be everything to me again.
The above underlined, is what is most important right now! :) I moved around a lot too as a young girl. But I'm happy to be settled where I am.