Movies Where Eagles Dare?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Bunny, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Bunny

Bunny Guest

Am I right to understand there is a 'new' Where Eagles Dare movie? How DARE they! Some things cannot be remade! It is one of the classics or all time. And Ingrid Pitt is irreplaceable! Sacreligious to make a new film. :(

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

What is the movie about? I've never heard of it.

3. Bunny

Bunny Guest

Go watch it.... Its awesome....It was made in 1968 following a storyline by Alastair MacLean and follows a secret mission into Bavaria in WW2 to rescue a captured American general (no hints as to what the truth of the matter is). It'll keep you guessing. It starred Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood (before he was famous).You won't know which characters to like or to trust until about halfway through. I've recently heard it was remade and set in California. Uck! Some films should NEVER be remade. Honestly - watch it....

4. Bunny

Bunny Guest

Soooo - no one has seen it! :(

Well you should - because Father McCree is waiting.

Watch it and you'll find out....

5. Oh I've definitely seen this. It's a fantastic WWII spy movie. I really like Richard Burton in this one. I don't think that there has been a good remake lately, so I hope they shelve this project.

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Guest

I've seen it, too. It was awesome and had many plot twists!

I saw Ingrid Pitt at a couple of conventions. Shame about her having cancer.