Where does Antti Niemi land?

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Konshentz, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

What team do you think he plays on for the 2010-2011 season?

Niemi has plenty of potential new homes - NHL Free Agency 2010

Do you agree with any of these and what would be the best fit for him and his new team?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Atlanta would be a good place for Niemi actually, they're rebuilding with youth, adding him as their number one goalie would be benificial for them. That being said, I'm not sure if he would want to go play for them.

I don't see him going to Montreal, I know they haven't signed Price yet, but it's going to be done before training camp actually starts, and we have Auld as our backup(I don't like the move, but he wouldn't want to be a backup in my mind after winning the cup)

Stars just offered a big fat contract to Lethonen, so he won't be going there, Capitals have two solid young goaltenders, which means I doubt he'll be signing with Washington either.

It's tough to actually see where he's going to go, should be interesting to see how long it actually takes him to sign with someone.

3. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

This one is real hard to predict. There are a ton of young goaltenders in the NHL right now and there aren't a lot of teams with the need for starters. The ones that could use an improvement are pretty hard done by the cap.

As you say Babe, it will be interesting to see how it pans out.