• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Where do you keep your phone?

dDave

V.I.P.
On your person during the day? At night? Anywhere else you might keep it.

I think I'm just like everyone here when I say that I keep my phone right next to my bed while I'm sleeping, it's convenient to have it accessible right there.

During the day I'll always keep it in my front left pocket, never anywhere else. On the rare occasions that I don't have pockets (like when I go running), I will store it in my backpack and leave it on the bench at the track, I do it like this when I'm hiking as well.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
While I'm out I keep it in my handbag.

At home it's usually in or next to my bed, or on the couch, or just wherever. At night it's usually on the floor next to my bed.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'm going to assume that you're talking about mobile phones here, otherwise my answer would be, "We keep our landline on the... erm, well, phone table?" :D

I only ever have my mobile switched on and in my pocket when I'm out and about. When I'm at home, it's switched off and on the... erm, phone table.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
When I'm out of the house my phone is always in one of my pockets. I never take it out of my pocket unless I'm using it, and I try not to ever set it down anywhere because that's how they get lost.

At home I keep it wherever, but I try to keep it within hearing distance. I'm not too concerned about it either way though. If I miss a call or some texts, then oh well. They can wait.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm going to assume that you're talking about mobile phones here, otherwise my answer would be, "We keep our landline on the... erm, well, phone table?" :D

I only ever have my mobile switched on and in my pocket when I'm out and about. When I'm at home, it's switched off and on the... erm, phone table.
You and that phone table. ;) we still have a landline here but my parents use it, not me, I'll always use my mobile.

When I'm out of the house my phone is always in one of my pockets. I never take it out of my pocket unless I'm using it, and I try not to ever set it down anywhere because that's how they get lost.

At home I keep it wherever, but I try to keep it within hearing distance. I'm not too concerned about it either way though. If I miss a call or some texts, then oh well. They can wait.
I'll keep it wherever at home as well. If I'm eating, watching TV, playing Nintendo, I might have it with me and I might not. Sometimes it's nice to get a small break from being connected.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
My phone is almost always within arms length of me. When I am out, it's in my left pocket or my handbag, if I have a handbag with me at the time. At work it is next to my keyboard on my desk. At night it's next to me on my nightstand.

I used to not even put it on silent at night when I went to sleep, long distance relationship and all that. Now I do at least turn it off when I sleep. :lol:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My phone is sitting on a table in the den. I don't have a cell phone anymore you can't use it where I live and many places in the area. My land line barely works, it was out for a week because ants climbed up a pole and shorted it out.

The week was my fault because I didn't call the phone company.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
At work I sit it on my desk
At home its usually next to me somewhere
When I go to sleep its usually right next to me

So yeah, usually very close by. Sometimes at home I lose track of it but not much

Elanor

Registered Member
If I am out and about it will be in my handbag. At work it depends on what I am doing, if I am office based for the day then it will be on the desk where I am working, but there are times when it has to be in my bag as it is not appropriate to have it.

At home it is usually not too far away, either on the sofa or coffee table. When I am asleep I put it on the bed next to me, then when the alarm goes off I hear it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
If I'm out and about its always in my pocket. If I'm at home, it's either on my bed, or on my desk. I like to keep it within reach.