Where do you go after death?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering you guys believed in reincarnation(after life)? After you die what happens to you, do you go as a new born, or you go with god? I believe that you go with God I do not believe that people die then they become someone else. A lot of other people do believe in it, but I really think that you go with God. I am sorry if you do not believe in God. I do so that's why I say you go with God.

2. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I believe in the whole 'karma' thing. If you're bad you're reincarnated as a lesser form of life (or a lesser person) to pay for what you did. If you're good, you come back and grow up to be successful.

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I personaly hope that reincarnation is real. And that there might be a version of Heaven and Hell.

4. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I believe when we die, we return back to the Earth so others can live. A circle of life.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well I personally do not believe in that. I really hope it does happen, and you do know about it. But like I said earlier I think you just go with God, and if your bad then you go in Hell. I know this is like a movie or television, the way I am talking but I really believe that's the way it happens.

6. Where you go after death basically revolves around your own personally belief of the After Life, and what its like. Which usually means whatever religion you follow will influence your views on the After Life.

7. merob

merob Boom!

I always got the feeling we'd just drift around like dust at some point, before proceeding to heaven

8. Masakado

Masakado Guest

I don't think you go anywhere. You just live on in peoples memories until those are gone too. Then it's up into nothingness. That's what I believe anyways...

9. lilbballfrk

lilbballfrk Guest

same here. thats what my mom used to tell me when i was little. i still kind of believe in it somehow.

10. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

Well Vince, you have to keep in mind that the "born again" concept is also used in Christianity. The term born again in Christianity refers to the idea of becoming a new creation or a new person, but not because your body dies. The bodies dies later.

My stance on Buddism is that is a great philosophy, but it was never meant to be a religion.

I lump Hinduism, Norse mythology, Greco-Roman Mythology and Egyptian Mythology in together though. Each teaches a way of life and about many gods not always working together and sometimes even against each other. They teach of rewards and punishments yet for all of their differences they sound pretty familiar if you look at the underlying ideas.

Islam I personally believe teaches hate and intolerance. Feel free to disagree with me but tell me why you do. And do so without getting angry or you will only prove my point. I mean look at the Sunnis and Shiite Muslims. They hate each other because they can't agree on who should have succeeded Mohammad as the teacher of Islam. I believe it exists to counteract Christianity.

The Catholic Church (and the Anglican Church to a lesser extent) have had many stances over as many years. At certain points they taught hatred of anyone not Catholic (see Spanish Inquisition) and encouraged lies and deceit for a long time too. I believe the recent Catholic church is counteracting these things and doing a good job too.

Myself personally, I am a Christian though I claim no denomination. I feel no need to categorize myself in my service to God. I believe I will go to Heaven or Hell. I believe I deserve Hell but like God's mercy that is for His to choose, not me. It is written that who ever believes in Jesus Christ shall not perish but have everlasting life. It does not mean our bodies do not die, but that our souls do not die. Because our body is not who we are, but our soul is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.