Politics Where do you get your news?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
We live in a time when news of any kind, real or not, is readily available anywhere. Your phone, your TV, email, game console, forums, social media, newspapers, online news sources, friends, late night comedy shows, celebrities, the actual news shows, etc.

Where do you choose to get your news?

I pull from a few different sources regularly. Here’s where I typically go for news.

-The Daily Wire
-The Blaze
-Drudge

Most people would argue that these news sources have a right leaning slant. You’d be correct but don’t confuse that with them loving the Republican Party. They slant to the right/Constitutional viewpoint on politics, they are by no means Republicans and openly criticize everyone based on policy and their decisions rather than on party lines.

I don’t really watch Fox News anymore. Most people consider that to be right leaning but I think they’re actually centrist. Their whole fair and balanced statement is true in my mind. My biggest issue with them is that many of the viewpoints expressed are so wrong that most of their time is spent sitting through garbage rather than getting down to the meat of the issue.

I will never watch CNN. They’re blatantly biased and very incorrect on a lot of issues. They’re very unethical and lie constantly.

Generally. I find MSNBC, ABC, CBS, The Washington Post, Huffington Post, etc. to be left leaning or far left. I’ll read stuff they put up sometimes but I don’t go to them as a trusted, ethical, source of news.

Where do you get your news?

Impaired

Registered Member
We live in a time when news of any kind, real or not, is readily available anywhere. Your phone, your TV, email, game console, forums, social media, newspapers, online news sources, friends, late night comedy shows, celebrities, the actual news shows, etc.

Where do you choose to get your news?

I pull from a few different sources regularly. Here’s where I typically go for news.

-The Daily Wire
-The Blaze
-Drudge

Most people would argue that these news sources have a right leaning slant. You’d be correct but don’t confuse that with them loving the Republican Party. They slant to the right/Constitutional viewpoint on politics, they are by no means Republicans and openly criticize everyone based on policy and their decisions rather than on party lines.

I don’t really watch Fox News anymore. Most people consider that to be right leaning but I think they’re actually centrist. Their whole fair and balanced statement is true in my mind. My biggest issue with them is that many of the viewpoints expressed are so wrong that most of their time is spent sitting through garbage rather than getting down to the meat of the issue.

I will never watch CNN. They’re blatantly biased and very incorrect on a lot of issues. They’re very unethical and lie constantly.

Generally. I find MSNBC, ABC, CBS, The Washington Post, Huffington Post, etc. to be left leaning or far left. I’ll read stuff they put up sometimes but I don’t go to them as a trusted, ethical, source of news.

Where do you get your news?
You find CNN blatantly biased but like Drudge. Both are biased. Blatantly. You find one bias more palatable, that's all.

Almost all news is biased. I read an article in the Scotsman a while back, regarding a car hitting and killing a child. It was the most unbiased piece I ever read. No blame on the child or the child's parents, no blame on the driver. Just reported the facts.

It was refreshing.

I read it all. Fox, CNN, Drudge. Then I try and pick out the kernels of fact and truth hidden in the pages. The blame lies just as much with the viewer/reader. The reason there was so much crap coverage of the OJ trial, was because people lapped it up and demanded more. 'If it bleeds, it leads' is not just an issue with the media. It is with the public who seems to prefer that over anything else.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
You find CNN blatantly biased but like Drudge. Both are biased. Blatantly. You find one bias more palatable, that's all.

Almost all news is biased. I read an article in the Scotsman a while back, regarding a car hitting and killing a child. It was the most unbiased piece I ever read. No blame on the child or the child's parents, no blame on the driver. Just reported the facts.

It was refreshing.

I read it all. Fox, CNN, Drudge. Then I try and pick out the kernels of fact and truth hidden in the pages. The blame lies just as much with the viewer/reader. The reason there was so much crap coverage of the OJ trial, was because people lapped it up and demanded more. 'If it bleeds, it leads' is not just an issue with the media. It is with the public who seems to prefer that over anything else.
Well, partisanship isn’t even necessarily wrong. Bipartisanship does mean being half wrong ;)

There is something to be said about news being palatable. Goes back to perceived honesty of the news source.

My main beef with most of the media is the obvious agenda against our president even to the point of lying to make their point. The sad thing is that there’s plenty of stuff he says and does that’s both negative and true and lots of it goes way underreported in exchange for reporting “fake news” as it were.

I’m ok with criticism of Trump but it has to be fair. Shockingly, the most fair people to the president I’ve seen so far have been Glenn Beck and Ben Shapiro who approve of some of what he does and strongly disapprove of other things. You hear about all of it. I find it refreshing to hear people that I know are actually thinking through their viewpoints on a critical level rather than being 100% for or against anyone.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I have the time I read several different sources on the internet. The Wire, a couple of left leaning sites and right leaning sites. Some of them I won't go near anymore like CNN.

Impaired

Registered Member
If you refuse some news sources, you won't get the whole story. There is a lot to be gleaned by the way facts are distorted. That can tell you quite a bit.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, partisanship isn’t even necessarily wrong. Bipartisanship does mean being half wrong ;)

There is something to be said about news being palatable. Goes back to perceived honesty of the news source.

My main beef with most of the media is the obvious agenda against our president even to the point of lying to make their point. The sad thing is that there’s plenty of stuff he says and does that’s both negative and true and lots of it goes way underreported in exchange for reporting “fake news” as it were.

I’m ok with criticism of Trump but it has to be fair. Shockingly, the most fair people to the president I’ve seen so far have been Glenn Beck and Ben Shapiro who approve of some of what he does and strongly disapprove of other things. You hear about all of it. I find it refreshing to hear people that I know are actually thinking through their viewpoints on a critical level rather than being 100% for or against anyone.
Joe Walsh would fit that category as well. He's approved a lot of things and policies from Trump but never hesitates to chastize and call him and the GOP out when necessary.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

I’m ok with criticism of Trump but it has to be fair. Shockingly, the most fair people to the president I’ve seen so far have been Glenn Beck and somewhat Ben Shapiro who approve of some of what he does and strongly disapprove of other things. You hear about all of it. I find it refreshing to hear people that I know are actually thinking through their viewpoints on a critical level rather than being 100% for or against anyone.
I don't care what anyone thinks. I get most of my news from Glenn Beck and to a lesser extent Ben Shapiro. On most days Beck is about 15% political. On days that he is more political than that, I just turn off and listen the next day. Shapiro is mostly political but he's a genius and he can build an argument better than anyone I've heard in a log time.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I don't care what anyone thinks. I get most of my news from Glenn Beck and to a lesser extent Ben Shapiro. On most days Beck is about 15% political. On days that he is more political than that, I just turn off and listen the next day. Shapiro is mostly political but he's a genius and he can build an argument better than anyone I've heard in a log time.
Beck is really good. The man does his homework and thinks things through. He’s very well educated.

I find it fascinating that the same people that tell me to get my news from a wide variety of sources openly reject and dislike Beck and Shapiro. Ironic in so many ways. They’ll tell me to meet their standard while quite literally failing to meet their own standard.

Just because they’re right wing constitutionalist conservatives doesn’t make them wrong. I’m far more concerned about getting trustworthy, accurate, news rather than a lot of sources.

Most of the major news outlets out there are liberally slanted.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Not that I'm all over the news, atm, but mostly I get from friends. Like the thread I posted today. Then I read sources like CBS, Reuters, Rossiyskaya gazeta, Space.com, and others. I get tons of stuff then I decide myself. Don't forget, the truth is mostly a right leaning statement in a left leaning source or visa versa. Just saying...