Where do you buy your food?

Bananas

Endangered Species
Do you shop in the big supermarket giants(walmart etc)?
Do you buy from the local convenience store(24/7 etc)?
Do you buy from the traditional stores(butchers, bakers etc)?
Do you buy from markets?
What about farm shops or fishermen?
or do you live on takeaway?

For me I go to a convenience store twice a week where I buy my bread and milk. At the same time I also buy my meat from a local butcher and all my fruit and vegetables from a traditional grocers.

I will go to a big super-store maybe once a month and stock up on canned foods, rice/pasta and cereals. I will also by a lot of fluids, bottled water, sparkling water, fruit juice to last me the month as well.

I will go to the farmers market every couple of months if passing but I generally find it to expensive for me.

I occasionally(twice a year) go into farm shops and will buy honey, chutney and other preserves, maybe some wine or cider.

Where do you purchase your food from?

Blueyes

Registered Member
If I had the time and the energy to get up at the crack of dawn to go to the farmer's market every Saturday I would. As it is I'll stop at the little stand on the way home sometimes to pick up a few things. Normally, I'll get everything from Bi-Lo a couple times a week because it's not even 5 minutes from my house. I despise Wal-Mart and will only go there for like dog food and such since they shut down K-Mart near me. I'll buy tuna steaks from the local restaurant I frequent and freeze them because they are already prepackaged. There is a gas station right across the street from me but I don't get anything from there because it is beyond over priced.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

--- when someone would drive us, we'd shop week stocks of drinks and loads of baby nappies from the big supermarkets

---- at least weekly (the nearest grocery store is just in front of our apartment)

---- Yes. Sometimes I want fresh seafood or other meats and I prefer to go to the local boucherie/charcuterie.

Do you buy from markets?

---- Not anymore. I wish I'd buy more from the markets but they're a bit far from us (longer walk) and open on specific days/mornings only

---- I'd buy some takeaway the rare times I don't feel like cooking.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I usually don't go grocery shopping, but we get most of our food from the grocery store. My mom gets stuff from the farmers market sometimes.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I hate buying from convenience stores, their shit is always expensive as hell. The best reason to stop at one is for an iced drink like a slurpie.

I have an international market by me I usually go to. The best reason being their freshly prepared meals. (a luxury for those who hate cooking):nod:
But, I've been looking into a few organic stores nearby and think I'll do the shopping for some items there.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Do you buy from markets?
What about farm shops or fishermen?
Supermarkets once a week and local grocery store for milk and other dairy products mostly (unfortunately this store is so expensive that we'd rather wait to go to the supermarket to get most our food)

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I tried shopping at an organic place but everything there just seems so . . bluh. You don't need to shop at organic food places to get "real" food, you just have to know what you're buying. I hate people that bitch that places like Whole Foods are the only places to buy healthy foods. Bitch, you can get a healthy meal at a supermarket, you just need to have two function halves of a brain

Bananas

Endangered Species
I'm against organic.
It is supposed to be natural but there are a host of chemicals that slip under the radar and a host of more beneficial ones that do not. We should be farming environmentally efficiently and not by consumer gastronomics.