• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Where did you grow up and what was it like?

wolfheart

Registered Member
I grew up on a council estate in south London, the town is called teddington and the estate was a new build when my parents moved in.
I lived in that house from 3 weeks old until I was 27.

It was not a bad place to grow up, but like most council estate's it did have a fair bit of trouble.
A lot of the kids that I grew up are still friends of mine.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I grew up in the same area (house, even) my parents live in now. It's in the south (central/eastish) of England, above London. I still consider it my home despite moving up north for university.

My childhood friends are all short walks in every direction so it was a comfortable place to grow up. Location is pretty cool since you just have to drive very short distances to get both field landscapes and busy shopping districts.

C-Mach

Registered Member
From my birth until the summer of 2000, I lived in Hollywood, near the corner of Sunset and Fairfax. I don't remember much of it. From then until May 2005, I lived in Bel-Air. It was uneventful. From then to the present, I have lived in a gated community in an area between Calabasas and Malibu called Monte Nido. It's very beautiful. In fact, I would be hard-pressed not to say that it is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. However, it's very distant from everything. There weren't many other kids in these neighborhoods. When there were others, there were very few instances where I got to see them, mostly because they were all very busy with other things. And now you know why I'm on the Internet all the time.

Last edited:

Nicola

Registered Member
I grew up in Belfast, Northern Ireland, in a Republican area surrounded by Loyalist areas. It was (and I suppose, still is to an extent) a poor, mostly social housing, area that also had its fair share of rioting. The street I lived on was on an interface, so when I was a child I was evacuated in the middle of the night due to bombs being left and missiles thrown!
I moved away when I was 17, first to Somerset, then back to Belfast (but in a better area) and now to London for university, but I come back every so often to see my Mum who still lives there. It is much easier to romanticise N.I when you live away from it, but when you live there it is boring and backward. I prefer living away and feeling nostalgic about the place than the opposite.

laserlight

Registered Member
I lived in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Okalhoma till i was 10 or 11. now i live near Oklahoma city and i really hated all the other places i lived. ive been in Oklahoma 2 years and theres not a ton of people where i live now and i really like that! i never want to live in a big city again cuz now we have a big new house and a big pond and i like living here and i dont ever want to leave. =)